• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Given the forecast and state of the game, England may have to bat contrary to their preferred MO today. I don't know if they'll even try to regardless, but it would be interesting to see how they go if they did.
They'll just be encouraged to bat normally. Whatever that means. If the weather forecast for tomorrow is anywhere near correct, an England win is out of the question. So England getting themselves 300 ahead would probably leave them out of reach. 200 ahead would be interesting because the Australians will be aware of the weather forecast too, so you wonder whether they'd have a dart in the final session today.

Molehill

International Captain
Basically your typical English response. Complain and bitch when Australia send off snivelling about the spirit of the game but when England does it; "nothing to see here - move on".
Where have I complained about Aussie behaviour? I have no real issue with send offs (they generally just rile the opposition and aren't really advisable), what I do have issue with is being told by one country what is acceptable and what isn't? Especially when they'd just been caught cheating and decided they needed to change their ways.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got me amused too. If Bairstow wasn't such a clutz, the Aussies would've been bowled out for about 300 on a 'road', and it's not like they were batting especially aggressively and giving their wickets away (bar Head).
Did you not watch the first day and the number of catches Aus put down? If they'd taken them England would have put up similar numbers. So, you know, we can all have a chuckle.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Did you not watch the first day and the number of catches Aus put down? If they'd taken them England would have put up similar numbers. So, you know, we can all have a chuckle.
Yes but the thread wasn’t full of England fans whining about the pitch when Australia were batting. That’s the difference.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And he got plenty of stick for it. Australian cricket in all it's parts is, generally, being pretty consistent in giving Robinson stick for this too.

I'm with PEWS I don't think it's a big deal
I do think its a dick move by anyone but what Robinson seems to have said comes across pretty mild to some of the wilder stuff we see in cricket.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I mean there have been literally 20 wickets in less than three full days play. But the pitch is crap. Oh right yeah ok.

Tom Flint

International Regular
In recent years in England I've heard people using F off in many contexts. I've even heard people shout it at music venues when a favorite song of theirs comes on.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Do you guys have street shots of roads outside the ground you can post so we can assess the weather? England poaches our players, coaches, and our 2019 World Cup so thought you might have poached our weather analysis strategy as well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In recent years in England I've heard people using F off in many contexts. I've even heard people shout it at music venues when a favorite song of theirs comes on.
Yeah I mean Australia is a country where blokes regularly refer to eachother as c*nt as a term of endearment. Very strange, therefore, that the use of vulgarity/profanity would cause so much upset and distress.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Do you guys have street shots of roads outside the ground you can post so we can assess the weather? England poaches our players, coaches, and our 2019 World Cup so thought you might have poached our weather analysis strategy as well.
We've not poached any of your players and the World Cup was never yours. I don't believe McCullum was coaching you before us either. Otherwise, good post.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Christ on a bike, are people still harping on the 2019 WC final - get over it people - England won it.

It's like winning the football WC final on penalties, you still win the trophy. The final isn't a draw, the team that wins the shootout takes home the trophy.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's like winning the football WC final on penalties, you still win the trophy. The final isn't a draw, the team that wins the shootout takes home the trophy.
They don't normally stop a shootout before a team actually wins it, though.