• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
They are playing with cluttered minds with regards to all the bazball crap. They don't need to copy it rather they have to do what worked for them in recent times. Good accurate bowling with catching fielders and some protection in the deep to stop boundaries. They can't stop looking for wickets and focus primarily on containment
They've completely lost their minds. Fortunately, it looks like the weather will help prevent them losing the first test from it and they might wake up

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's like they're letting Nathan Lyon set everyone's fields. They need to adopt the default Australian stance to English cricket - derision, and get an attacking rocket up their arse in the field.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Captain Woke

Nah someone said all the analysts came up with it so likely approved by McDonald and Cummins...I'd be interested to see if Smith would do it if captain
I don’t care who decided

It’s just wrong as one of the basics is to bowl one side of the wicket

Attack on or about off stump with 2 slips, gulley, 3rd man and a sweeper on the offside boundary if necessary

Basically the field Cummins & Haze have set to take 500 wickets

Throwing in 2 fielders on the leg side boundary as well is catering for bad bowling and isn’t tolerated in club cricket let alone tests

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It's like they're letting Nathan Lyon set everyone's fields. They need to adopt the default Australian stance to English cricket - derision, and get an attacking rocket up their arse in the field.
Every now and again they just lose their brains with some stupid strategy. Whole batting line up sweeping...not having any attacking fielders. Just stop it you idiots

Qlder

International Debutant
Every now and again they just lose their brains with some stupid strategy. Whole batting line up sweeping...not having any attacking fielders. Just stop it you idiots
I was hoping they'd respect Pontings comments about it on comms but I guess none of the Aus analysts listened to him 😞

CartyDurham

International Captain
I’m watching that stream and Buttler is ramping fours and 6s for fun

his timing is so sweet on shots like that, now he clobbers a straight six

Qlder

International Debutant
Ponting and Edgbaston are not good friends though

bowl first Ricky as McGrath is taken to hospital
That's what I find funny about this new BazBall "that's never been done before". 2005 version of this Test England scored 407 in 79.2 overs on day 1, BazBall only scored 393 in 78 so what's different after 18 years (other than Australia's ODI fielding strategy)