• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Spark

Global Moderator
Stokes declaration could still be proved right.
If anything it looks even worse, this is exactly when 30-50 extra runs could have been extra useful.

Nobody said otherwise, but us stiff upper lip Englishmen didn’t feel the need to cry about it every time a run was scored :ph34r:
Nah this entire line of complaint from me was that a few English posters on Day 1 were trying to delude everyone into claiming that this was anything other than a dead pudding deck.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean 50, 38, 66 from the middle order on this pudding when the bowling wasn't super-threatening is definitely disappointing. One of those three converts the start and Australia are well in front.
Smith, marnus and warner got out for 25 runs between them to fairly innocuous deliveries and left the middle order walking in at 60-3 on a road. If one of them gets a score here we have a massive lead and are in the drivers seat.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What would CricketWeb's former beloved sponsor BetWAY have to provide on the odds on this match now? With BetWAY plus you could have a few multis running on this game

I love BetWAY PLUS

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
KP wanking over England dismissing this tail is kind of pathetic.

Truth is Boland and Hazlewood are rank #11's at Test level and Lyon isn't much better. Even Cummins has been in poor batting form.
Eh, bit of context though. Looked like Oz were coasting to a lead. It’s fair game to praise turning that round.

Got to be a worry for Oz how bad that tail is though.

slippy888

International Captain
England all out 200 playing bazball and only will bat 60 overs then Australia chase down 210 with Warner scoring 80 not out and hitting the winning runs

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith, marnus and warner got out for 25 runs between them to fairly innocuous deliveries and left the middle order walking in at 60-3 on a road. If one of them gets a score here we have a massive lead and are in the drivers seat.
Yeah but anyone can get out early before they're set. It's why it's incumbent on the set batsmen to not give their wickets away - though granted only Head really did that.

Spark

Global Moderator
Eh, bit of context though. Looked like Oz were coasting to a lead. It’s fair game to praise turning that round.

Got to be a worry for Oz how bad that tail is though.
It's consistent with the Sky commentary being obscenely effusive in their praise for England as if they'd put up 550 and bowled Australia out for 250 though. England have a slender advantage but you definitely wouldn't know it hearing how Sky have talked about them.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Test match cricket ruthlessly exposes a teams flaws and that's what happened here - not playing a top keeper, no top class spinner and no real pace.

The difference Foakes, Leach and Wood would have made to this side.
Well no excuse for two of them being left out

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean 50, 38, 66 from the middle order on this pudding when the bowling wasn't super-threatening is definitely disappointing. One of those three converts the start and Australia are well in front.
Head was the worst, at least Green and Carey got peaches.

Still nearing parity despite objectively leaving lots of runs out there isn't the worst thing in the world.

CartyDurham

International Captain
It’s absolutely typical, I get called to do a run to the shops and an innings is over , whilst I’m off out :laugh:

we have a game on now folks. Please weather stay clear for the finishing days