• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Gob

International Coach
Stats my friend, wickets taken. McGrath is miles behind and you know it :laugh:
Interesting take. There is a subforum now for player comparison. Be interesting if you create a McGrath vs Anderson thread

Would love it personally. Its pretty close

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My feelings aren’t hurt, I just struggle with the fact someone can come out with such logical fallacies
brother your head is for up your team's arse that you're not allowing yourself to see common sense

You think "Spinner who hadn't played long form cricket in years struggling to hold on to the ball because he's bowled too much might have been a bad selection" is a logical fallacy

brah

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
(Responding to an interview with Broad) It’s a pudding, but it was mentioned every second post in here on Friday
Broad's often good value, isn't he. I liked that he correctly described his no-ball 'dismissal' yesterday as 'unforgivable', as that's what it was. Beyond that, there's an entertaining piece by Barny Ronay this morning about his dismissal of Labuschagne. First off the whole idea that he had discovered a previously unseen delivery in, er, the out-swinger. But then the piss-taking mimicry of Labuschagne as he tried to get some bloke in the crowd behind the bowler to sit down. It remains to be seen how the rest of the series goes for Broad, and for all I know he may be totally ineffective hereafter. My guess is that this will probably be his last series of test cricket, and we should enjoy him while we still can.

CartyDurham

International Captain
That is how Cricketweb rolls.
I’m finding it hilarious

360 for 6

must be a few angry people had arguments at home and then getting their anger out on here

this is fantastic test cricket . If people can’t enjoy that without all the name calling rubbish, I don’t know what they want

though im on a wind up about McGrath and Anderson :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Australians who think Moeen was a completely terrible selection really don't understand how bare the spin cupboard is.

It was a risk that didn't work but it wasn't an unnecessary risk at all. I would've just picked Wood or Woakes and let Stokes rest his knee from bowling for another Test but if they wanted to pick a spinner I do think he was the least bad option. We all know it was a bad option but when faced with a bad option or a worse one, you take the bad option.

Preed

U19 12th Man
Big error by England picking Ali and putting Bairstow behind the stumps.Ali gives away far to many cheap boundaries and his batting is hit and miss.I Am sure ther is a better spinner somewhere in England.