• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
No that was a different series right, the one with the flattest pitches ever seen and Johnson basically went "**** this ****, I ain't bowling on these" and retired on the spot?
Nah warner and burns opened together in both series I think?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Joe Burns opening career for Australia another thing I've tried to purge all memory of.
Fair. Just remembered that 2021 border gavaskar series and really wished I didn't. Matthew wade and an out of form burns opening. By the end of the series we were so desperate we called up warner while he was on crutches.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah England are still a fair way in front IMO (and I thought, and still think, England were well short of par yesterday). There really isn't much batting after these two.
There's none at all really. Absolutely horrendous tail resulting from the Boland/Starc swap. Not sure I can remember a worse one from Australia for years and years. When was the last time Australia had a worse #9 than Lyon?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah England are still a fair way in front IMO (and I thought, and still think, England were well short of par yesterday). There really isn't much batting after these two.
Cummins can hit it about can’t he

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There's none at all really. Absolutely horrendous tail resulting from the Boland/Starc swap. Not sure I can remember a worse one from Australia for years and years. When was the last time Australia had a worse #9 than Lyon?
Thinking probably a game McGrath and MacGill both played?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think starc would have helped this tail much, his test batting has fallen off a bit recently. Averaging 12 with the bat since the start of 2022.

Spark

Global Moderator
The tail we put up for the first two games against India, given the conditions, was even worse than this. We were basically batting with a #10 and three #11s.