• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

CartyDurham

International Captain
Pope could, stokes could given that he's not doing amazing with the bat right now anyway. I don't really like any of those options and YJB's batting is probably worth the occasional chance he misses. It's not like it's buttler 4 years ago where he was dropping as many of YJB off spin and also averaging less than foakes with the bat in test and FC.
Good idea as pope is pretty much settled in the side

what a superb on drive by Carey they was off broad

that’s my favourite shot folks. Straight back at the bowler timed to perfection

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This must be an especially nuclear tour thread because it contains both Thierry thoughts on Viv Richards and mine on Australia's depth in the 90s.

@subshakerz to comment on Dale Steyn next.

Edit: also Hoggard > Lillee mentions.

Spark

Global Moderator
N

Made an important 80 odd vs NZ in the boxing day test a few years back when trav got his second test ton.
Yeah I have absolutely no recollection of this. I mean I saw the game and I remember Head's hundred, but not that. Wasn't that the unbelievably onesided series where NZ barely fired a shot with the bat and only Wagner with the ball?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I have absolutely no recollection of this. I mean I saw the game and I remember Head's hundred, but not that. Wasn't that the unbelievably onesided series where NZ barely fired a shot with the bat and only Wagner with the ball?
Yeah it was. Joe burns was opening the batting with warner at the time. Dire as it gets.

CartyDurham

International Captain
This must be an especially nuclear tour thread because it contains both Thierry thoughts on Viv Richards and mine on Australia's depth in the 90s.

@subshakerz to comment on Dale Steyn next.

Edit: also Hoggard > Lillee mentions.
Could I throw in that giving gower the captaincy instead of gatting was a mistake in 1989?

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it was. Joe burns was opening the batting with warner at the time. Dire as it gets.
No that was a different series right, the one with the flattest pitches ever seen and Johnson basically went "**** this ****, I ain't bowling on these" and retired on the spot?

Spark

Global Moderator
If these two see it through to close than it’s Australia’s day but I see no sign of the canter @Burgey promised us
Nah England are still a fair way in front IMO (and I thought, and still think, England were well short of par yesterday). There really isn't much batting after these two.