• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think this became a major talking point when Ponting declined and since then it just gets reapplied to every batsman that peaks similarly high.
Smith will definitely decline, and probably has a bit already, because anyone who is that good has to eventually and of course hand-eye coordination will be a big part of it. It's going to be annoying af when people try to blame it on his "hand-eye reliant technique" though

CartyDurham

International Captain
Scoreboard never lies

Peak Viv is the best batsman I have ever seen but had a massive drop off when his physical gifts started to decline (plus he didn’t seem to give a **** about averages)
As do all batsmen when aging they get worse

that’s natural. I mean bradman finished with a duck :)

TheJediBrah

In all seriousness England should not have a sweeper for Khawaja who has barely threatened to hit one outside the inner circle against the quicks all day. I get that they want Head on strike but it's too easy for Uzi

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In all seriousness England should not have a sweeper for Khawaja who has barely threatened to hit one outside the inner circle against the quicks all day. I get that they want Head on strike but it's too easy for Uzi
Interesting that they have had plans for other batsmen but nothing out of the norm for Khawaja

TheJediBrah

Interesting that they have had plans for other batsmen but nothing out of the norm for Khawaja
Don't think Usman has that many glaring weaknesses anymore, whereas Head's issues against leg-side/bodyline bowling stick out like anything

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not gonna last much longer with ussie getting older but it feels so nice having a batting lineup that's not just marnus-smith and inshullah like last time we came here.