• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
when Moeen bowls a jaffa like that to Head and has an average of 36 then is he really the worst all rounder of all time?
Is he a greater no rounder than Vettori? Moeen has actually looked threatening in helpful conditions though he's less consistent.

CartyDurham

International Captain
2.4 an over

well played Australia for achieving that , in facing off brook, mooeen , stokes, Robinson at military medium and slower . Terrified of playing shots

78 for 3 at lunch day 2

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
WTF you on about? 3 reds is as clear as it gets. Pathetic Watsonesque review by The People's Chump
Relax. I was talking more about how they've gone the last two days. In that context, Erasmus's long pause before shooting the finger up could look like a guess, even though it obviously wasn't.

I also wasn't completely serious...

morgieb

Is he a greater no rounder than Vettori? Moeen has actually looked threatening in helpful conditions though he's less consistent.
Ehhh I thought in the rare circumstances Vettori actually got favourable conditions he was reasonably threatening as well. Not his fault he gets it far less frequently than Moeen does.

Anyway, that's....not the session we needed. Hopefully TravBall can take off.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Moeen's test strike rate is 60, actually better than Vettori's 73? and Lyon's 63. He just goes at 4.5 rpo.

I maintain that Root's incompetent captaincy ruined his bowling, and batting for that matter

CartyDurham

International Captain
Relax. I was talking more about how they've gone the last two days. In that context, Erasmus's long pause before shooting the finger up could look like a guess, even though it obviously wasn't.

I also wasn't completely serious...
I used to enjoy Rudi Koertzen (rip) long slow lift of the arm , like a gunfighter. Maybe Erasmus fancies a bit in tribute to old Rudi

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Had to drop my daughter at her boyfriend’s house (she has to choose a boyfriend who lives literally on the other corner of the peninsula to me. Nice gaff though, over the road from where the Open is this year) so only saw the first hour and then got back home as Smith was walking back. But I’m happy with it

morgieb

I maintain that Root's incompetent captaincy ruined his bowling,
His average under Root was 31. In contrast he averaged 42 against Cook.

Possibly a fairer argument for his batting, but I think that was more weaknesses against off-spin and the short ball getting exposed and his mental game going south.