• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Jfry

U19 Debutant
Omg seriously? You talk like you know this game and tell us how you spend time in the nets chatting to all these great cricketers....... but you somehow come out with these ****i g bazzare opinions that just makes me realise you are absolutely clueless and have nfi what your talking about.

Joe Root >>>>> KP. And any team (or person) that "fears" KP more over a series than Root is just off the wall stupid.
While I completely agree and there is clearly no doubt as to who is the better player, if social is Australian the sentiment is somewhat understandable

Spark

Global Moderator
While I completely agree and there is clearly no doubt as to who is the better player, if social is Australian the sentiment is somewhat understandable
Root in 2015 was much more consequential a contribution against Aus than KP's. Even if the latter has those Adelaide double hundreds.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How Lucky 12. 53 in the after noon

I hate to watch live cricket that late at Night in india but i never missed Johnny & Rooty batting together in my life ever before.
I hope you have a good night there my dear GS Kohli. Enjoy the last few overs before close of play.
It's raining over here.

Spark

Global Moderator
I can agree with that, but it was a single series 8 years ago. Anyway, KP << Root
Yeah but honestly, KP only really had one off innings. He never had a big, defining series against Australia that you talk about when it comes to truly great batsmen.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Root in 2015 was much more consequential a contribution against Aus than KP's. Even if the latter has those Adelaide double hundreds.
What KP mostly accomplished in the 2010/11 lot was stop people seeing how well Bell was batting at 6/7 that series