• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another wrong decision, though given it was glove I don't necessarily blame the umpires for giving that one out.

Molehill

International Captain
If the umpires gave the complete opposite decisions to what they've done so far they'd have been more accurate.

Spark

Global Moderator
You make your own luck. He made his by gloving it.
Ofc but it did look unbelievably out live. To be fair he's better off doing that than trying to go back to full balls and getting pinned like Pope. That sort of dismissal ****s me

flibbertyjibber

Lack of games but there's a reason for that. They've taken a massive massive risk with him (though not because his bowling is any worse than it was)
Thought it was that. Been the best bowler by a distance though. He is class. Not noticed him look like a donkey in the field previously like he does today.

trundler

Ofc but it did look unbelievably out live. To be fair he's better off doing that than trying to go back to full balls and getting pinned like Pope. That sort of dismissal ****s me
I suppose but I really do hate reverse sweeps even as someone who encourages unorthodox shots in tests

Spark

Global Moderator
Thought it was that. Been the best bowler by a distance though. He is class. Not noticed him look like a donkey in the field previously like he does today.
He's never been great tbf. A bit of a throwback in that regard, not the athletic boundary fielding fast bowler that you see a fair few of nowadays.

Jfry

U19 Debutant
He's never been great tbf. A bit of a throwback in that regard, not the athletic boundary fielding fast bowler that you see a fair few of nowadays.
Has taken a few wonderful catches tbf. There was a test a couple years back where he took 2 screamers diving forward

trundler

It looks **** but with such a stacked legside field it makes a lot of sense. And it's worked as it's forced Cummins to change plans
Yeah, as a noted uppercut appreciator I understand the rationale but it just looks so heinous when it doesn't come off.

Howe_zat

Audio File
4 of the 5 wickets today have been lost defending or leaving but if England get a sub par score that will presumably be completely ignored