• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Shady Slim

International Coach
For all the conservative tactics and easy runs they've given away, Australia would be happy with this session if they can get another wicket.
if not for typical english cheating they'd be three down already to be fair
tbf we can't expect that level of sportsmanship from countries that aren't australia or india but

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting to see how Joe Root plays this. I think he will consolidate for a bit , it's an excellent run rate
I want him to just bat like Joe Root......bazball be ****ed for this guy, he's too good for.it. and he can strike at 80's or better just with his natural game.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
I think the tactics would have been more justifiable if they'd banged in a few. The ease with with Pope and Crawley were getting out of their crease and dabbing into the on-side should have been a signal to do that.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right, the ball isn't doing anything for the Joe Root Ashes classic (drawn forward then smacked on the front pad by one hitting top of middle) to happen here. Needs to bat like 2021 Root and do this properly.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Atherton and Morgan after Kp and Tubby, as big an upgrade as Root coming in for Pope.