• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

ataraxia

International Coach
Reverse sweeping for a single is what one likes to call a "low-percentage shot". Should be aiming to reverse sweep for at least six à la Stokes.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I hate the way when Pope drives, his back foot steps back and slightly to leg (like you were told not to as a kid) and his balance looks awkward. Also annoyingly, he doesn't seem to get out reaching on the drive a lot, regardless of this.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, Stokes has the pitch he asked for. Shame our groundsmen are rarely as cooperative.
Haha yeah, I think the groundsman at Edgbaston was lying. You can only laugh when this is dished up.

Although we will probably still find a way to get rolled for not a lot, and if we do...you can only laugh.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pope did some good work against Abbas on early season pitches so should deal with Boland easily here.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see our boys reign it after the loss of an early wicket. 5.00 rpo over is perfectly acceptable given the match situation......plenty of time in the next 2 sessions to double that rate. Like the plan.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You've got me rooting pretty hard for Zak in this series. I believe the blind optimism hype~!
Dont forget who was there first.

Here's wishing a great series and the winner to be whoever plays better cricket overall. I just want the guys I like to do well. Crawley, Labu, Duckett, Stokes, Bairstow, Brook, Carey, Warner, Head, Cummins, Moeen, Robinson.