• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
England squad: Ben Stokes (c); Jonny Bairstow (wk), Ollie Pope (vc/wk); Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Dan Lawrence, Joe Root; James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Matthew Potts, Ollie Robinson, Josh Tongue, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood; Moeen Ali
XI: Duckett, Crawley, Pope, Root, Brook, Stokes, Bairstow+, Ali, Broad, Robinson, Anderson

Australia squad: Pat Cummins (c); Alex Carey (wk), Josh Inglis (wk); Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Matt Renshaw, Steve Smith (vc), David Warner; Cameron Green, Mitchell Marsh; Scott Boland, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc; Nathan Lyon, Todd Murphy
XI: Warner, Khawaja, Labuschagne, Smith, Head, Green, Carey+, Cummins, Lyon, Boland, Hazlewood

Start 11am local

Last edited:

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yes thanks MG
Weather
16th -
Fine and dry
17th - Ditto
18th - Cloudier with chances of showers later
19th - As 18th
20th - Chucking it down from about lunch

This forecast makes the toss important. Win the toss. Pile on 450 runs in 4-5 sessions. Get the opposition in under cloudy skies. This is surely the plan for either captain

Molehill

International Captain
This forecast makes the toss important. Win the toss. Pile on 450 runs in 4-5 sessions. Get the opposition in under cloudy skies. This is surely the plan for either captain
If England bat for 4-5 sessions they'll have significantly more than 450.

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Remember it well, as I do 2005. I merely quote the BBC. The most reliable info from them is their weather forecast. Just think that for either captain to put the opposition in would be rank foolhardiness.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
The Ashes will be available to watch in Australia on Nine’s Wide World Of Sports, specifically on the Nine and Nine Now network on the following channels: 9Gem and 9Gem HD.

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
With the top 7 being pretty nailed on for both sides atm. the main choices for Aus is between 2 from 3 options given that Cummns and Lyon are certs. Aussie fans can discuss who they think should play, My money is on the same team that beat India. England have moire difficult choices. Anderson, Broad. Robinson Wood Moeen et al, How much can Stokes bowl? Wood? I know who I would like to play but think that they will go for Mo, Wood Anderson and Robinson,