• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Forget SKY, forget Kohli, forget Smith, Forget Labu, forget Babar....

Shubman Gill is the best batsman in the world, in my opinion.

Never seen so much style and class since Lara, sorry Sanga

Niall

International Coach

He is obviously very good, but needs to get the test average up, some runs in the world test final would be ideal IMO.

He's not really considered for international t20 is he?

Kirkut

International Regular

The innings he played last night reminded me of Ponting's 140 in World Cup finals. Those flat sixes and smooth bat flow...

halba

International 12th Man

He'll retire as top 2 in white ball - as shown in bold. The 'top 4' of white ball are all indians.

Not sure about Test cricket- he has vulnerabilities to the moving ball but form can translate to the tests then we are looking at an all time great.

1. Virat Kohli
2. Shubman Gill
3. Sachin tendulkar -*retired
Rohit Sharma
5. AB De villiers.- * retired

slippy888

International Captain
Some Indian cricket fans are stupid why they abuse Shubman Gill on social media because RCB lost, Gill is literally Indias only hope of winning a white ball icc cup in the next 10 years.

Spark

Global Moderator
While I can never call a 60 ball hundred a bad innings (especially if the majority of the batting line up is as **** as RCB), I am also starting to think they aren't particularly useful on a decent batting pitch.
Yeah it's a good call. Stands out when the other two hundreds on the same day, involving roughly the same innings scores, are both scored at 200. Might not seem like much but those 10-15 balls are probably worth 20-30 runs.