• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bayern lost, watch Dortmund bottle it to Ausburg now.

Oh and yeah it isn't great the Citeh dominance, but obviously beeter than United's. I find the media love of Ferguson utterly annoying, I heard someone saying all neutrals want plucky underdogs United to won the Cup final, they were being ironic about it in some ways, but have they just ignored that most neutrals despised United for years. The amount of plastics in every town, Ferguson's mind games, their continued berating of refs, I remember going on a package holiday late 90s, there were a lot of Scots and English, football chanting, all the sweatties were singing Flower of Scotland etc. the English mainly songs about hating Man U much to my amusement as one of the blokes I was there with was a Man U fan.

I wanted Arsenal to win the title, and probably one of the few here that wanted Liverpool to beat Citeh in their battles, but **** me it would be hilarious to see Citeh equal United's greatest ever achievement in front of their fans at Wembley.

Who knows maybe then I could start to view United in a slightly more conciliatory way, as they genuinely would have had some hardship of sorts. Probably not though....
You clearly hate two teams then like I said :D

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah fair enough, but it's not through playing them or being in the same vicinity, in fact the time we played them practically saved our club.
Yeah I get it though. United fans not as prominent where I live (there were probably the same number of TRFC supporters in my form at school as Man U, which is sad but could obviously be worse) for fairly obvious reasons so Liverpool is the colossus here that you describe in your locale for United. Geographically it is obviously a lot more understandable. It would be nice if people didn’t feel the need to cross a river to support a team when we have one here, but hey ho. And obviously a lot gets passed through the generations, with families having Wirral and Scouse roots etc, including mine, but I chose the path of misery instead of following my dad. A truly terrible decision but one I would make every time.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I absolutely loathed United growing up. They obviously had loads of fans where I was (basically everyone supported a big club.) I have no idea if it is like that with City now, my guess would be that it isn't really.

Nowadays I don't have any issue with United at all really. They are just in that group of teams with Liverpool and Spurs that it is just funny when they lose but I don't mind at all when they win.

Chelsea pretty much the only club I genuinely dislike. QPR and Fulham are supposed to be the ones but have family connections to QPR and really who could actually hate Fulham?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyone managed by Warnock used to go on the hate list for me. But I don't really mind him that much these days. Probably because he is less prominent.

Similar for Alan Pardew actually.

Pothas

Anyone managed by Warnock used to go on the hate list for me. But I don't really mind him that much these days. Probably because he is less prominent.

Haha yeah Warnock has undergone a huge change in reputation as he has got older. Is generally very well liked these days.

grecian

I still have a problem with "Colin", but it's mainly because he's a former manager of the Slime and he loves them.

I guess the point Pothas makes is interesting if for more than half of your remembered footballing life United have been poor maybe they're not so hatable, but I had to live through the entire Ferguson era, and I'm still not over it.

Pothas

There will now adults who can't really remember them being dominant and were not even around for the late 90s version which for me is the classic hateable United.

Guess they are now like what Liverpool were for me growing up.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Lampard is the new hate-parasite manager.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
West Ham also very unlikeable because of their ownership, but not quite "hate" levels of dislike for me.
I have no strong feelings towards West Ham one way or another but have a strong dislike towards the romanticism of them by the media, especially around the era of the ground move.

Yeah I’m grateful for the WC, plenty of other clubs’ players were key too. They’re just another prem team that never do a lot.

grecian

There will now adults who can't really remember them being dominant and were not even around for the late 90s version which for me is the classic hateable United.

Guess they are now like what Liverpool were for me growing up.
But Liverpool were never really as hated as United, actually mainly because football was not quite as fashionable as it has been since the 90 World Cup which made it trendy again. football violence just meant it was easy to ignore.

Yeah as I've said before West Ham used to be my second team, but their state-funded stadium combined with support of the Tories, and oh ****ing David Moyes makes them hideous for most.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
I mean it’s only kayfabe hate, but I do hate him. He’s the epitome of Tory public schoolboy unwarranted self-confidence.

His ineptness is great because if makes him so much fun to hate. Just a top-tier heel.
Comedy heel jobbers are to be treasured. He's like a prime Heath Slater of football management.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You'd think Leeds would beat Spurs, but it's the sort of game Spurs will end up winning 5-0 or something stupid.