• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Liverpool overturned a 3-0 defeat V Barca didn’t they

Wasn’t there one in an earlier round that was ridiculous featuring a couple of big teams?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Didn't your chaps come back from 3-0 against the Saints in one of your League Cup runs?

Think either Hoddle or his moustachioued little mate were in charge, so it was post 98 at least.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Didn't your chaps come back from 3-0 against the Saints in one of your League Cup runs?

Think either Hoddle or his moustachioued little mate were in charge, so it was post 98 at least.
FA cup, 3-0 down at half time. Andy Gray said the tie was over. Won 4-3 without needing extra time. Was a replay and we knew Liverpool waited for the winner so was particularly sweet.

The next day, Aldo had them running laps all day in training as punishment for their first half performance (as told my multiple members of that side on a TRFC podcast I listen to).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Liverpool overturned a 3-0 defeat V Barca didn’t they

Wasn’t there one in an earlier round that was ridiculous featuring a couple of big teams?
Barcelona overturned a 4-0 first leg defeat to PSG by winning the 2nd leg 6-1.

It was 3-1 going into the 88th minute of the 2nd leg, with the away goals rule in place.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

It was 3-1 going into the 88th minute of the 2nd leg, with the away goals rule in place.
My memory of that game is that @sledger and I were in a bar together watching an awful 0-0 City draw while in the other end of the pub the place was going mental over this comeback.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
My memory of that game is that @sledger and I were in a bar together watching an awful 0-0 City draw while in the other end of the pub the place was going mental over this comeback.
Haha oh **** I had forgotten this. I remember we watched another City game earlier in the week at another pub where Leroy Sane missed loads of chances.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

That second leg was a complete sham iirc. They got one penalty from a blatant Suarez dive and di Maria got hacked at the other end when through on goal and didn't get a call.

Still funny though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah IIRC Mascherano made an absolutely textbook red card last man tackle but the ref didn’t give it because he didn’t want to kill the craic.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ooh, that's a massive stroke of luck, I know Gimh hates Salford, but does he hate Stockport too?

I find it weird how many teams he hates, basically for me it's the one, dislike for about 70. and the drama continues TBF it was pretty **** for most of the match, but hey Play-offs deliver again.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ooh, that's a massive stroke of luck, I know Gimh hates Salford, but does he hate Stockport too?

I find it weird how many teams he hates, basically for me it's the one, dislike for about 70. and the drama continues TBF it was pretty **** for most of the match, but hey Play-offs deliver again.
I don’t hate Stockport. There’s a bit of needle when we play given the proximity but they’re a club I relate to in many ways given the similarities between us.

I wouldn’t say I hate loads. I hate Bolton and Wrexham, dislike Oldham. Oh and Forest Green and Salford. Would hate Chester if they were relevant. Used to root against Man U but don’t care really anymore. Lots of my friends hate Liverpool and Everton but it’s just Chester in reverse. Find plenty of their fans odious but have close friends and family supporting both too. Meh

Forest Green is a bit of a schadenfreude thing, Salford are just a fake club.

Tbf though the north west is a footballing hotbed, plenty of teams to dislike when you’ve battled them up and down the divisions etc. There’s a stack of teams closer to us than Plymouth are than you, FGR aside the dislike is largely regional.