• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
Is Gus Atkinson at Surrey on England's radar? Always been very impressed whenever they can actually find space in their side for him.

Molehill

International Captain
@Molehill
Ha, Neser got Alsop first ball he bowled to him then got Pujara for a duck so Smith might as well of batted 3 ?
It's been a funny day. Up until Orr left one, the openers were making it look very easy.

I've stopped watching now so can't see how Smith is going.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True it is that the King of Beasts escaped their enclosure at Taronga earlier this year and at this stage are still not back on display while they think about their actions, however, I wandered about the place last evening and this morning with nary a tranquilizer dart in sight.

Molehill

International Captain
*buffoon

Smith 68 not out and running into form. All England’s nightmares gelling a few weeks out now. You love to see it.
Putting on a decent partnership with an England U19's player in Coles. I suspect the old man is being talked through his rustiness by the young whipper snapper. He won't be getting that assistance when Robinson is demolishing his partners at the other end in the Ashes.

Qlder

International Debutant
Could this be the oldest Aussie bowling attack to tour England?

We have Lyon (35), Boland (34), Starc (33), Hazlewood (32) and Cummins (30) in the XII with back-ups being Neser (33) and Abbott (31)

Molehill

International Captain
Could this be the oldest Aussie bowling attack to tour England?

We have Lyon (35), Boland (34), Starc (33), Hazlewood (32) and Cummins (30) in the XII with back-ups being Neser (33) and Abbott (31)
And they could easily be facing Anderson (40), Broad (turns 37 before 2nd Test), Wood (33), and Leach (32 before 2nd Test), Woakes (34).

Only Robinson at 29 is under 30 out of the entire bowling units.

It does beg questions in both countries, where are the young bowlers?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
And they could easily be facing Anderson (40), Broad (turns 37 before 2nd Test), Wood (33), and Leach (32 before 2nd Test), Woakes (34).

Only Robinson at 29 is under 30 out of the entire bowling units.

It does beg questions in both countries, where are the young bowlers?
Australia has a few solid young options in Jhye, sutherland and murphy, their all injured though. England have potts and rehan who you haven't mentioned and i'm sure theres others im not aware of.

Molehill

International Captain
Australia has a few solid young options in Jhye, sutherland and murphy, their all injured though. England have potts and rehan who you haven't mentioned and i'm sure theres others im not aware of.
I mean yes there are young options, but they all seem to be a long way behind the incumbents in terms of quality (except the spinners maybe).

Also, why are the younger bowlers the ones picking up the injuries? Throw in Archer too.

the big bambino

International Captain
I've written off Richardson (and Pucovski) as they keep getting injured. Would love it if they both became fit and regular test players but I think it's likely Australia have to look elsewhere for young talent.