• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wednesday-Posh match could be where the fun is tonight, anything to get me away from two of my least fave managers Moyes and Sourinho getting to European finals.

grecian

The play-offs not fair, but honestly the greatest ****ing entertainment ever, and actually financially the saviour of so many lower leagues clubs.

grecian

Actually these pens aren't great reckon a few should have been saved, sti lllove Cam Dawson though.

grecian

Now that's a pen, all these stats about no-one overturning 4-0 in a play-off before seemed a false stat, can't be a big sample, anyway hate Poshes chairman like Darren Moore, so even if it might not be good for city's finances, I'm happy with it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Now that's a pen, all these stats about no-one overturning 4-0 in a play-off before seemed a false stat, can't be a big sample, anyway hate Poshes chairman like Darren Moore, so even if it might not be good for city's finances, I'm happy with it.
Yeah I can’t remember any 4-0 first legs, sure there will have been some but I wonder if anyone has turned a three goal deficit round before in them? Nevermind four. Even two I can’t think of many

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And as I hit post the best comebacks come on screen…the others were all two goal comebacks

grecian

Yeah I can’t remember any 4-0 first legs, sure there will have been some but I wonder if anyone has turned a three goal deficit round before in them? Nevermind four. Even two I can’t think of many
Hey I'm not saying it's not remarkable, but just a small sample size, there were so many just saying the tie was over it got me hoping that they'd be shutup. In the end Wednesday were clearly by a big margin the better team over the season, so it shouldn't be that big a shock that they pulled it back, but I should say I didn't bet on it, and gun to my head before the match if you'd ask who'd go through I'd have gone for Peterborough all day long..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hey I'm not saying it's not remarkable, but just a small sample size, there were so many just saying the tie was over it got me hoping that they'd be shutup. In the end Wednesday were clearly by a big margin the better team over the season, so it shouldn't be that big a shock that they pulled it back, but I should say I didn't bet on it, and gun to my head before the match if you'd ask who'd go through I'd have gone for Peterborough all day long..
To be honest I was agreeing with you. I can see why it didn’t look like it, but.

What I meant to say was, a powerful stat would be ‘the biggest ever play off comeback.’ Correct and more meaningful.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Best comeback I can ever remember was Deportivo coming from 3-0 down against AC Milan in the 2004 Champions League QF.

But certainly not in the play offs.