• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I think there are times when a good test match bowler bowling a good test match length opening spell is useful in T20s. But you gotta know how to use them. Holder bowling at the death was stupid planning.
I'm not a fan of the whole "match fixing" chatter you see on other cricket internet forums but holder looked like he was match fixing that game. Just an insane amount of full tosses all throughought his spell, not just the death spell.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
0/136 off 11.3 overs in Holder's last three games. Average of infinity, economy rate of 11.8.
I'm sure he only gets contracted at all because he can bat a bit - not only is he a crap T20 bowler but he totally looks like he should be a crap T20 bowler - but his batting hasn't really come off in this format either. He has the same T20 batting average as Jhye Richardson.

Even someone like Chris Jordan would be better in the role they've got him playing.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Low full tosses happen when you are trying for yorkers though.
He bowled 10+ full tosses in a less than 24 ball spell while operating all throughout the game and I don't think he nailed a single Yorker across the game. Not saying I believe the match fixing stuff FYI, just saying I can kind of rationalise it in this situation.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I'm not a fan of the whole "match fixing" chatter you see on other cricket internet forums but holder looked like he was match fixing that game. Just an insane amount of full tosses all throughought his spell, not just the death spell.
there may have been spot fixing with 1 of those balls

I'm sure he only gets contracted at all because he can bat a bit - not only is he a crap T20 bowler but he totally looks like he should be a crap T20 bowler - but his batting hasn't really come off in this format either. He has the same T20 batting average as Jhye Richardson.

Even someone like Chris Jordan would be better in the role they've got him playing.
they keep playing him because they got burnt last season by the lack of a good all rounder, it was their one weakness and maybe one thing that denied them the title

in theory they shouldn’t be hurt by it due to impact sub but they keep sabotaging themselves

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
there may have been spot fixing with 1 of those balls

they keep playing him because they got burnt last season by the lack of a good all rounder, it was their one weakness and maybe one thing that denied them the title

in theory they shouldn’t be hurt by it due to impact sub but they keep sabotaging themselves
Realistically why can't they just play ashwin+root? With ashwin you have 5 genuine bowling options and root is more then good enough to be the 6th bowler.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Realistically why can't they just play ashwin+root? With ashwin you have 5 genuine bowling options and root is more then good enough to be the 6th bowler.
i think they’re stuck with the idea of Root being a top three batsman who isn’t great in t20 which leaves them batting Samson out of his favourite spot and also having to fit in someone like Padikkal and Hetmyer both of who also prefer batting higher up. Samson is the captain and is in the running for an Indian team spot for years and they have always favoured players who score consistently in a top four position more than just people who hit unless they do it like Jitesh and Dk with freakish numbers

at this point i will just play both Boult and Zampa together with Ashwin as 7 and swap in someone when batting like Jurel

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
i think they’re stuck with the idea of Root being a top three batsman who isn’t great in t20 which leaves them batting Samson out of his favourite spot and also having to fit in someone like Padikkal and Hetmyer both of who also prefer batting higher up. Samson is the captain and is in the running for an Indian team spot for years and they have always favoured players who score consistently in a top four position more than just people who hit unless they do it like Jitesh and Dk with freakish numbers

at this point i will just play both Boult and Zampa together with Ashwin as 7 and swap in someone when batting like Jurel
Samson's made runs at 4 in the past for the royals and realistically his path into the indian team is probably batting lower down than 3 anyway, right? I don't see why they can't move samson to 4, hety at 5, jurel at 6 and ashwin at 7. Sub in pakiddal when batting and just let him blast the pacers away at the death.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Two best Friend vs each other

Rahul vs kohli

?KL Rahul has hit 628 runs at a strike rate of 145.03 in 13 innings against former employers RCB

-? Virat Kohli and Faf du Plessis have hit 504 runs for the opening stand this season, including two century alliances, at an average of 63.00

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
David really is a destroyer of filth. But anything approaching proper good bowling he struggles big time.

He should be used as some sort of litmus test to judge if a bowler is international standard or not.
David's been fine at international level, averaged 23 @165 in the game's he's played for AUS and missed out on bashing AFG at the last t20 WC with an injury.