• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official * Pakistan vs New Zealand 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I know slippys taking the piss but Chapman should be one of the frontrunners for a test spot if Nicholls double is a fluke and he has another few poor tests.

thundaboult

International Debutant
How does NZ's lineup look like with everyone fit now? Kane's gone so something like

1.Conway
2.Allen/Bowes/????
3.Phillips/Mitchell
4.Mitchell/Phillips
5.Chapman
6.Neeshaw
7.Bracewell
8.Santner

3 Pacers fight it out for the 9-11 roles? Edit: Harsh to drop sodhi but I don't know if you can afford to have santner/bracewell + sodhi as your 7 and 8 with this shorter batting lineup and no kane. If your in conditions where 3 spinners is an option then just play 2 pacers.

Not 100% Sold on the look of it though if im being honest though, not sure if you can have a lineup with a tail starting at 6 if kane isn't in the team.
i'm guessing this is t20 only?

will young still a lock for me at odi level

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
See alot of people blaming Rizwan and the Pak batting lineup? Pak fielded terribly in the second half, shadab made sodhis effort earlier look competent and the pacers didn't get a single ball right in the back 10 bar 2 Yorkers from rauf.

Issue was the fielding and the bowling in the back 10, not the batting.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
See alot of people blaming Rizwan and the Pak batting lineup? Pak fielded terribly in the second half, shadab made sodhis effort earlier look competent and the pacers didn't get a single ball right in the back 10 bar 2 Yorkers from rauf.

Issue was the fielding and the bowling in the back 10, not the batting.
Suggestions around how Rizwan played for the hundred at the end, predictable. Also as well as Neesham played Pakistan could have made it much tougher for him.

Flem274*

123/5
Chapman has been the clear 3rd best fringe/upcoming batsman behind Conway and Young in the past 5 years with an argument for 2nd. He's NZ As best red ball batsman atm, being a bit more reliable than Ravindra.

A test squad inclusion would be well deserved even if he had bombed the t20s.

Feel a bit for Rizwan. Guy gets dunked on by fans constantly when he's one of if not the best Pakistani player in the contracts. Definitely top 3 with Babar and Shaheen.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Watched the highlights, some clean and powerful strong from Chapman. Also far more attacking options than many of our other hitters, moves around the crease well to make angles. Let this be the start of brighter things for him.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our predictably stupid & inflexible selectors not finding a way to keep red hot Chapman in Pakistan for the ODIs.

It may well be a visa issue, but more likely just an inability to flex and make a common sense & obvious change to the squad. Guy looks a shoe-in for the ODI WC squad now in this form (albeit T20), so why you wouldn't want to give him more 50 over cricket in SC conditions leading into that tournament?

Meanwhile, Young continues to struggle to hit the ball off the square in SC conditions.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I always suspected Chaprman had the goods (yeah, yeah). I have always found it frustrating he never got a proper run. This is outstanding from him.
There's always been this kind of sentiment here - a desire to get him more top level cricket - but I always thought it was silly and that his level was basically 'mediocre JAMODI/T20 filler', but he's making me taste it in this series. Real breakthrough for him. I still find it hard to really hard him anywhere near the level of someone like Phillips but he's earned a crack now.

I definitely don't want to see him at 3 again though.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Looks like an amazing knock by Chapman. I really struggle to see how he misses out on the ODI squad, and why we haven’t made a last minute adjustment to keep him there. He should be right in the mix to replace Williamson for the World Cup.

But don’t worry I guess, Chad Bowes is selected again!