• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Not sure what the issue is with Labuschagne here.

He appealed, the umpire gave it out when it pitched a couple of inches outside leg - end of story.

Brook's side

International Regular
Have you paused the video at the point it pitches, it is miles outside leg stump. DRS would've taken 2 seconds to send it packing...
Although it's very difficult to pause it exactly at the point it pitches, I paused it multiple times. I wasn't able to definitively determine that it pitched outside leg, but my best assessment was that it most likely pitched 2-3 inches outside. It's nowhere near a foot, and nowhere near as obvious as the other one I linked on here of the same bowler in a sheffield sheild match.

Brook's side

International Regular
Not sure what the issue is with Labuschagne here.

He appealed, the umpire gave it out when it pitched a couple of inches outside leg - end of story.
I raised the issue of the appeal being excessively vociferous / borderline confrontational.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes it was a crap decision & a typical Marnus appeal but don’t think it warrants pages of discussion
The only reason that it's got pages of discussion is it's an Australian who got the decision. If it was a homeboy it would have gone past unremarked.

Brook's side

International Regular
Also it's got complicated because the Brits are arguing between themselves over what it was that was wrong with it.

Brook's side

International Regular
I said at the end of the NZ tour it looks like his fielding is starting to go off.
Anderson 8
Still at the top of his game and remains the go to man. That crash through deep mid wicket will live long in the memory. Is he losing it slightly as a fielder? Time will tell.
That incident is the sort of thing that tells a player it's time to call it a day.

Molehill

International Captain
The only reason that it's got pages of discussion is it's an Australian who got the decision. If it was a homeboy it would have gone past unremarked.
I had no issue with the appeal, it was this **** umpiring that I've been analysing. Don't really care who the bowler was.

Kraken

State Captain
Yeah that ain’t a good sign. Completely removing his bowling from this - he has at the least always been a good fielder. Eyes gone? It’s very quickly downhill from there

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah that ain’t a good sign. Completely removing his bowling from this - he has at the least always been a good fielder. Eyes gone? It’s very quickly downhill from there
It's weird how that happens. I did a lot of coaching in my 40's, at some point during it I noticed I started dropping balls that previously you wouldn't think twice about catching.

On this occasion, it looked a rather lazy attempt (end of match, guaranteed draw). I doubt it would happen at a more important moment.

Kraken

State Captain
It's weird how that happens. I did a lot of coaching in my 40's, at some point during it I noticed I started dropping balls that previously you wouldn't think twice about catching.

On this occasion, it looked a rather lazy attempt (end of match, guaranteed draw). I doubt it would happen at a more important moment.
maybe it is a lazy attempt brought on by being tired and the game having little meaning, but what I know for sure is that no one would think that way if it were a younger cricketer

ataraxia

International Coach
The video's been taken down now anyway

There is a still of part of the appeal here though:

This must be the first appeal, which looks bad enough.

For the 2nd wicket he got pretty much right in the umpire's face whilst screaming.

If you do open the video by the way, I strongly suggest turning the sound off or pressing pause.
what the hell is that video