• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

Brook's side

International Regular
Well obviously im not suggesting the decision get overturned and they recall him a day after the event. Doesn’t mean it was the correct decision though.
We've not seen any evidence on here to suggest that it was the wrong decision. That's my point.

Everyone's giving it not out, but it's just based on hearsay.

If I've got my umpire's hat on, there's no way I can intervene based on what we've seen.

Molehill

International Captain
We've not seen any evidence on here to suggest that it was the wrong decision. That's my point.

Everyone's giving it not out, but it's just based on hearsay.

If I've got my umpire's hat on, there's no way I can intervene based on what we've seen.
Do a quick search on twitter (Glamorgan Cricket). I've seen the video, pitches about a foot outside leg, not even sure it's hitting off stump either what with it being a leg spinner bowled from around the wicket!!

Brook's side

International Regular
Do a quick search on twitter (Glamorgan Cricket). I've seen the video, pitches about a foot outside leg, not even sure it's hitting off stump either what with it being a leg spinner bowled from around the wicket!!
Glamorgan Cricket | Twitter Topics / Twitter

Maybe it's my eyes (genuinely), but (taking my umpire's hat off) I can't personally definitely tell whether it's pitched outside leg. I'd be inclined to think it probably pitches outside leg, but it doesn't strike me as a shocker.

Last edited:

Brook's side

International Regular
I do now think after several replays and pauses that it had already pitched in the photo commented on above, and I reckon it probably pitched about 2-3 inches outside leg.

I agree not a great decision. It didn't personally strike me as a glaring howler.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Given out for not being given in :laugh:

Brook's side

International Regular
I'd say it was an unsportsmanlike appeal tbh as well.

Trying to convince the umpire's legitimate, but there's a line where it becomes trying to bully the umpire.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say it was an unsportsmanlike appeal tbh as well.

Trying to convince the umpire's legitimate, but there's a line where it becomes trying to bully the umpire.
Despite what you initially thought, this was clearly a shocking decision. However, I think it is ridiculous to suggest that appealing was in any way unsportsmanlike or bullying. Being so wide on the crease, the ball would, from the bowler's perception, have appeared to pitch in line.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
He has improved a lot. He has gone on record admitting how his fitness levels weren't good enough for international cricket for the last Ashes and did a lot of work on it.

If you'd seen him in Pakistan you'd have seen a clear change.
Fair enough then I suppose, Robinson certainly did have a problem (those saying otherwise are missing the mark entirely) but I take your word that he has worked hard to rectify that

As for the Marnus LBW, yeah the shout was a little optimistic (that's pretty much typical Marnus) but people trying to argue it was somehow unsporting is dumb

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Marnus is a religious, nerdy, string bean of a man. If he's bullying you into any umpiring decision on the field you need to get yourself checked out.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair enough then I suppose, Robinson certainly did have a problem (those saying otherwise are missing the mark entirely) but I take your word that he has worked hard to rectify that

As for the Marnus LBW, yeah the shout was a little optimistic (that's pretty much typical Marnus) but people trying to argue it was somehow unsporting is dumb
Nobody has denied it (even Robinson himself). But the point is you’re about two degrees away from someone saying ‘it’s fine just bowl an offie at Khawaja’… ‘oh I haven’t actually watched any of the runs he’s scored against spin in the last X years’

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Nobody has denied it (even Robinson himself). But the point is you’re about two degrees away from someone saying ‘it’s fine just bowl an offie at Khawaja’… ‘oh I haven’t actually watched any of the runs he’s scored against spin in the last X years’
Very first bit is incorrect as molehill straight up said "there is no fitness issue".

Fair enough on the rest of your post though, If anything I was trying to make a point that I wasn't very confident in what I was saying.

Molehill

International Captain
Moehill is just wrong as usual.
Thanks Pince

I feel fairly certain as a Sussex fan that I was probably the only one on here watching him bowl yesterday. He was rusty, a few no balls, but he should've had a wicket in his first over, bad drop at leg slip for what appeared a well set plan. His second spell was much better.

Fitness issues were related to over 2 years ago, there's precious little wrong with him now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thanks Pince

I feel fairly certain as a Sussex fan that I was probably the only one on here watching him bowl yesterday. He was rusty, a few no balls, but he should've had a wicket in his first over, bad drop at leg slip for what appeared a well set plan. His second spell was much better.

Fitness issues were related to over 2 years ago, there's precious little wrong with him now.
I was just referencing the Starfighter meme tbh.