• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
How Robinson goes largely depends on whether he really has improved his fitness significantly or not. I didn't see any of his bowling in the Pakistan series so really can't make a call either way as to if that has happened

Was well below par in that aspect last I saw of him, a bowler who can bowl one good spell and then be gassed for the rest of the game really is not much use at all in Test cricket

Molehill

International Captain
My statement was clearly conditional, not absolute
Your statement was clearly formed from a couple of Tests in Australia where as usual England completely ****ed up the selection. There is no fitness issue.

Hazlewood - Not fit
Boland - Never bowled in England
Starc - Not that great in England
Neser - County trundler
Green - Never bowled in England

Australia are really one Cummins injury away from a pretty significant bowling crisis.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
How Robinson goes largely depends on whether he really has improved his fitness significantly or not. I didn't see any of his bowling in the Pakistan series so really can't make a call either way as to if that has happened

Was well below par in that aspect last I saw of him, a bowler who can bowl one good spell and then be gassed for the rest of the game really is not much use at all in Test cricket
He has improved a lot. He has gone on record admitting how his fitness levels weren't good enough for international cricket for the last Ashes and did a lot of work on it.

If you'd seen him in Pakistan you'd have seen a clear change.

Brook's side

International Regular
We don't know whether that ball's pitched yet or not. If not then just possible it could be in line (in fact it probably is).

Last edited:

Brook's side

International Regular
Your statement was clearly formed from a couple of Tests in Australia where as usual England completely ****ed up the selection. There is no fitness issue.

Hazlewood - Not fit
Neser - County trundler

Australia are really one Cummins injury away from a pretty significant bowling crisis.
If that ain't asking for trouble!!!!!!!

halba

International 12th Man

Hazlewood - Not fit
Neser - County trundler

Given neser's trundling in county, Abbott will be on standby i imagine, given his all round form and brilliance lately.

Possible bowling attack if Haze injured

Abbott
Cummins
Starc
Lyon

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I only said he'd not bowled in England before. I do fear those loopy wide half volleys are going to keep on getting edged into the slips. He seems to have a bit of a knack.
Why are you writing neser off as a "county trundler"? He's bowled well in the test's hes got so far, is coming off a career best shield season, has done well in the uk for 2 seasons straight with glamorgan and by all accounts was tougher then haze and cummins to face in the nexts when we last toured ENG, where haze and cummins both took a bag full @20. If he plays a game with the duke's he should be a threat.

halba

International 12th Man
Why are you writing neser off as a "county trundler"? He's bowled well in the test's hes got so far, is coming off a career best shield season, has done well in the uk for 2 seasons straight with glamorgan and by all accounts was tougher then haze and cummins to face in the nexts when we last toured ENG, where haze and cummins both took a bag full @20. If he plays a game with the duke's he should be a threat.
neser today returns even mahhnus outshone him LOL
Fellow Aussie Michael Neser opened the bowling in his return to the competition, picking up the wicket of former England representative Scott Borthwick to finish with 1-55 from 19 overs.
Labuschagne's tweakers (2-73 from 15 overs) proved invaluable, albeit a little expensive

Molehill

International Captain
Well he's got more experience in England than Boland anyway.

neser today returns even mahhnus outshone him LOL
Fellow Aussie Michael Neser opened the bowling in his return to the competition, picking up the wicket of former England representative Scott Borthwick to finish with 1-55 from 19 overs.
Labuschagne's tweakers (2-73 from 15 overs) proved invaluable, albeit a little expensive
Have you seen the Labuschagne lbw? An embarrassing decision.