• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official * Pakistan vs New Zealand 2023

Moss

International Vice-Captain
3 out of 4 overs to be bowled by Henry and Neesham. Not completely out of Pakistan’s reach.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Match lost by bone headed tactics. Shadab, Imad and Shaheen shouldn't be ahead of Iftikhar. Embarrassing.

Moss

NZ almost pissed that away but deserve some slack for Lister being off the field. Should really have bowled out Sodhi. Glad to see them get on the board.

Incredible knock (and partnership with Faheem) from Ifthikar any which way. Made the game worth staying up for.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan really are terrible at picking gaps when under pressure. NZ didn't give away many freebies and that's more than enough to cause Pak to implode if the openers get out cheaply. The NZ spinners bowled a lot better I thought.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular
Pakistan can lose to anyone when their top order bats like this , shockingly complacent ..Well not that shocking I guess lol

ataraxia

International Coach
Looks like this Iftikhar, young talented offie, can bat too! Is Faheem back? That's good.

Picking Chad Bowes has turned out to be a dire decision. How surprising. I'd rather Henry open the batting than him tbh.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Just finished flicking through the replay of that match, ripper of a game tbh. For all we complain about JAM there was a great atmosphere in the ground and both teams were right in this one.

It's not even the worst thing that NZ's batting lineup here leans towards long-format cricketers, as Pakistan's bowling is seriously good and T20-only hacks just get blown away. (We're unlikely to chase a big score though, as in the first two matches). Good KWing from Latham here.

How did we almost lose that? Looked like a comfortable win most of the way through Pakistan's innings. Iftikhar was amazing, modern T20 players still have a chance chasing 86(39) when in old ODIs you'd just give up at that point, and Milne's bowling of the 18th over was awful - those full tosses 8-). Yeah that's a messup to have Lister off the field and still not give the guy with 3 overs for 11 his final over though. Henry's penultimate over was very good - he's surprised with the way he's stepped up this series in a format he hasn't historically been any good at.

Last edited:

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
What happened to Lister? The only mention I can see in the comms is that he bowled and then at the very end it said Neesham took over as Lister was injured.

Glad we got the W, but gee there was some average bowling at the end.

I'm not convinced our tactic of scoring 30-40 in the powerplay is useful at all in T20, I guess it's hard with Bowes failing and Latham playing the KW style T20 anchor, but you really miss the Finn Allen and Devon Conway opening partnership at this point.

Moss

I'm not convinced our tactic of scoring 30-40 in the powerplay is useful at all in T20, I guess it's hard with Bowes failing and Latham playing the KW style T20 anchor, but you really miss the Finn Allen and Devon Conway opening partnership at this point.
The new ball has done a bit in these 3 games and you need skill to hit the Pakistani pacemen off their lengths. Maybe Mitchell and/or Ravindra should move up.

But NZ should really get Chapman into the ODI squad now, he’s the one player to have hit the ground running and be properly switched on in all games so far.