• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

loterry1994

International Debutant
I don’t know how that debut Afghan spinner bowled at the death and not Mohit. For Sanjay Samson they really should give him a longer run in the Indian team, his the guy in the middle order who just keeps going and has a high strike rate , they got too many players that take their time to get going like Rahul, Rohit and kohli.

slippy888

International Captain
r
I don’t know how that debut Afghan spinner bowled at the death and not Mohit. For Sanjay Samson they really should give him a longer run in the Indian team, his the guy in the middle order who just keeps going and has a high strike rate , they got too many players that take their time to get going like Rahul, Rohit and kohli.

We know it all politics stopping him getting a run in 20 20 team and 50 over

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
rohit has changed his game in limited overs cricket over the last year
I don't have the numbers to back this up but it feels like alot of anchor style players (~125-130 SR openers) this IPL have been attacking the PP alot more then usual. Faf, Kohli, Rohit and Ishan just to name a few have all been smashing the PP and I know for a fact that Faf doesn't usually bat like that in the PP, not sure on the rest. Faf was doing a similiar thing in the BBL, so don't think it's just an IPL/RCB Mumbai home ground thing.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
The impact player has made every batting line up deeper by at least one extra batter. So chases are far more common place now.
After 20 matches it was 10-10 for the teams batting first or second. Only the last 3 games have skewed it 13-10 to the chasers.

What is noticable is that no score under 174 has been defended, and only 2 under 190.

But pretty much every toss sees teams opting to field first. It's effectively 12 a side now, that's not really what 'impact subs' should be. I wonder if it will last more than a year?

Socerer 01

International Captain
I don't have the numbers to back this up but it feels like alot of anchor style players (~125-130 SR openers) this IPL have been attacking the PP alot more then usual. Faf, Kohli, Rohit and Ishan just to name a few have all been smashing the PP and I know for a fact that Faf doesn't usually bat like that in the PP, not sure on the rest. Faf was doing a similiar thing in the BBL, so don't think it's just an IPL/RCB Mumbai home ground thing.
Faf has worked on his t20 batting a lot. watch Kimber’s video of him that shows how his strike rate has progressed over the years

Socerer 01

International Captain
After 20 matches it was 10-10 for the teams batting first or second. Only the last 3 games have skewed it 13-10 to the chasers.

What is noticable is that no score under 174 has been defended, and only 2 under 190.

But pretty much every toss sees teams opting to field first. It's effectively 12 a side now, that's not really what 'impact subs' should be. I wonder if it will last more than a year?
its giving an extra Indian player a chance on average in half innings and its doing a good job of reducing the chase advantage so it will stay

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
24th Match (N), Bengaluru, April 17, 2023

RCB
Vs✍
Super Kings

Today
7:30 PM

Stats that matter
Cricinfo

?Ravindra Jadeja has dominated Maxwell in the IPL, dismissing him six times in ten innings while keeping him to 49 off 40 balls. He has also kept Virat Kohli quiet, conceding only 140 runs off 131 balls against him for three wickets.

?Dhoni has smashed Siraj for 51 runs off 28 balls without being dismissed in the IPL.

?Wayne Parnell or David Willey could pose a threat to Ruturaj Gaikwad. The Super Kings opener has fallen to left-arm seamers 11 times in 19 innings since IPL 2020. No other batter has been dismissed more times by left-arm seamers during this period.

Cricbuzz

?MS Dhoni averages 92.60 and has a strike-rate of 180.86 in 10 innings at the Chinnaswamy Stadium

- ?Virat Kohli is yet to be dismissed by a seamer in IPL 2023

- ?Ajinkya Rahane has a particularly good IPL record in Bengaluru. He once hit six fours in an over off Sreenath Arvind in a knock of 103 back in 2012.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
its giving an extra Indian player a chance on average in half innings and its doing a good job of reducing the chase advantage so it will stay
Do you think it will be helping India come the next T20 World Cup? I pondered that it might skew an innings, but at the same time it could be more like the Hundred and encouraging batsmen to be more attacking earlier in their innings. I guess the Hundred didn't seem to harm England.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Do you think it will be helping India come the next T20 World Cup? I pondered that it might skew an innings, but at the same time it could be more like the Hundred and encouraging batsmen to be more attacking earlier in their innings. I guess the Hundred didn't seem to harm England.
India hasn’t won a single t20 world cup since the ipl begun so it may be immaterial if it helps or not

i think it will stunt the development of all rounders but the ones who do come through as all rounders will be of higher quality