• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

FBU

International Debutant
Was I dreaming. 15 needed and the batsman hit a 6. He was given out as he hit the stumps but 7 runs remained. Surely 15 runs still remained and that 6 isn't counted.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Was I dreaming. 15 needed and the batsman hit a 6. He was given out as he hit the stumps but 7 runs remained. Surely 15 runs still remained and that 6 isn't counted.
erm are you referring to the hit wicket of Parnell’s last ball? think he hit a 6 when they needed 7 and it was out anyway so still 7 off the last over

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Resources Whoelse than Cricbuzz

Fifth time RCB have lost after scoring 200+ batting first - the most by a team in IPL

Highest SR in an IPL inngs (50+ runs)
373.33 P Cummins (56* off 15) KKR v MI 2022
348.00 S Raina (87 off 25) CSK v PBKS 2014
327.27 Y Pathan (72 off 22) KKR v SRH 2014
326.32 N Pooran (62 off 19) LSG v RCB 2023

Highest % of runs in boundaries in an IPL innings (50+ runs)
96.55% S Raina (84/87) CSK v PBKS 2014
95.38% A Russell (62/65) KKR v RCB 2019
94.12% KL Rahul (48/51) PBKS v DC 2018
93.54% N Pooran (56/62) LSG v RCB 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Cricbuzz

Highest targets succesfully chased in IPL
224 RR vs PBKS Sharjah 2020
219 MI vs CSK Delhi 2021
215 RR vs Deccan Hyderabad 2008
213 LSG vs RCB Bengaluru 2023 *
211 LSG vs CSK Mumbai BS 2022

✍Fastest 50s in IPL (balls faced)
14 KL Rahul vs DC Mohali 2018
14 Pat Cummins vs MI Pune 2022
15 Yusuf Pathan vs SRH Kolkata 2014
15 Sunil Narine vs RCB Bengaluru 2017
15 Nicholas Pooran vs RCB Bengaluru 2023

Winning of the last ball with one wicket standing (IPL)

SRH vs MI Hyderabad 2018
LSG vs RCB Bengaluru 2023

Nicholas Pooran in IPL 2023
Balls faced 63
Sixes hit 14
Fours hit 9
SR 223.80

Virat told before IPL '23 starts "we are very careful on Wide & Extras"

I think 9 wide cost them the game."you gave them 9 ball extra"

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Much prefer that type of farcical finish than boring 5 6es in a row, good fun, and as someone who is agnostic on Mankad's that would have been a ****e way to win.
As someone who is generally totally against the Mankad, I think on this occasion it would've been justified. The batsman was about 2 yards down when the bails ought to have been removed.

Also worth pointing out that it wouldn't have won the game but forced a super over.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I've just noticed the time delay here as well. The score is actually coming up faster on Cricinfo than it is me watching it on the TV.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From CI,

Sowmya : "The very concept of making up later for dots consumed earlier is flawed, unless there were early wickets. A dot is an opportunity gone to score atleast 1. That is how T20 batting needs to be looked at!"

Is this the way to see batting going forward?

56 all out or 250 in 20 overs?

slowfinger

International Debutant
From CI,

Sowmya : "The very concept of making up later for dots consumed earlier is flawed, unless there were early wickets. A dot is an opportunity gone to score atleast 1. That is how T20 batting needs to be looked at!"

Is this the way to see batting going forward?

56 all out or 250 in 20 overs?
i think unless the ball is literally unplayable or your team are 40-4 you shouldn’t be eating up dot balls.

score 80 singles/2s and you get to 100+ with minimal effort.

15 boundaries or more and you get a good score

SillyCowCorner1

i think unless the ball is literally unplayable or your team are 40-4 you shouldn’t be eating up dot balls.

score 80 singles/2s and you get to 100+ with minimal effort.

15 boundaries or more and you get a good score
If a batsman knowingingly slows down just to get to a milestone, then that is just selfish batting. But, if a batsman who was struggling early on in his innings accelerates towards the end, is that justified? Would you want a new batsman in when the ball is doing alot? Or the purpose of the top order is to give a good start and not force a collapse.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Comms talking warner up after his 50 saying "he's the best, makes a 50 so often, hes the bankable guy etc" meanwhile warner isn't even celebrating the 50 and is swearing at himself clearly frustrated with his lack of rhythm walking down the other end. Feels so surreal that a player can be so good that 3 50's in 4 dig's while the rest of his batting lineup is holding itself together with ducktape is insanely frustrating for the player.

SillyCowCorner1

Comms talking warner up after his 50 saying "he's the best, makes a 50 so often, hes the bankable guy etc" meanwhile warner isn't even celebrating the 50 and is swearing at himself clearly frustrated with his lack of rhythm walking down the other end. Feels so surreal that a player can be so good that 3 50's in 4 dig's while the rest of his batting lineup is holding itself together with ducktape is insanely frustrating for the player.
Are those the Indian commentators? They get paid to parrot stuff and not give a real analysis of match situations.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Sky genuinly just can't see the ball at the moment. How you go from smashing 100's for fun and averaging 40 @170 in t20 to so visibly out of form your not picking up the ball is beyond me.

slowfinger

International Debutant
If a batsman knowingingly slows down just to get to a milestone, then that is just selfish batting. But, if a batsman who was struggling early on in his innings accelerates towards the end, is that justified? Would you want a new batsman in when the ball is doing alot? Or the purpose of the top order is to give a good start and not force a collapse.
i think the point is you can/must find a way to get yourself set whilst also rotating the strike if you’re not going to hit boundaries early on