• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

kevinw

International 12th Man
Fantastic drama in the last couple of overs. Glad Lucknow got over the line, just because NP deserved it and I hate super overs. Just end the game in a tie dammit.

slowfinger

International Debutant
i‘m not usually a fan of 400+ run t20s but the pitch actually offered something for everyone. great job by the Chinnasvarmy groundsman

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That was hilarious :laugh:

Think both teams deserved to lose. And Manju brought up a rare good point there - even though he picked up the SR later, that start by Faf seems to have set RCB back by 10-15 runs which ended up being the difference.

And yeah, they are majorly missing Hasaranga.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That was hilarious :laugh:

Think both teams deserved to lose. And Manju brought up a rare good point there - even though he picked up the SR later, that start by Faf seems to have set RCB back by 10-15 runs which ended up being the difference.

And yeah, they are majorly missing Hasaranga.
Not his fault that Kohli hogged the strike in the PP and that RCB's batting lineup is paper thin.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol.. hogged? he batted 16 of the 36 balls. Did you even watch the game?
11 of 36*. Faf played second fiddle to Kohli in the PP. Between the PP and Kohli's dismissal Kohli made 19 off 19, Faf made 19 off 14. I don't get why your sitting here saying Faf was the one who cost them 10 runs there. They made 210 anyway, but of you wanna nitpick that middle section of the game there's a bigger issue than Faf.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
11 of 36*. Faf played second fiddle to Kohli in the PP. Between the PP and Kohli's dismissal Kohli made 19 off 19, Faf made 19 off 14. I don't get why your sitting here saying Faf was the one who cost them 10 runs there. They made 210 anyway, but of you wanna nitpick that middle section of the game there's a bigger issue than Faf.
Faf very deliberately was stroking singles and I am not talking about the PP. I am talking about the entire partnership which went on beyond the 10th over. He never accelerated. And those small things matter in big chases like this. The par score here is 195 odd. They had a chance to go far beyond that but somehow restricted themselves to 210 odd.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Faf very deliberately was stroking singles and I am not talking about the PP. I am talking about the entire partnership which went on beyond the 10th over. He never accelerated. And those small things matter in big chases like this. The par score here is 195 odd. They had a chance to go far beyond that but somehow restricted themselves to 210 odd.
is the chinner swarmy that small?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Both blaming Kohli and saying Faf cost them 10-15 runs are wrong.
Nah.. both are valid points. Virat has always struggled against spin in T20s. And I made the post earlier here that they slowed down for absolutely no reason between overs 7-9. And I am not talking about just runs, they were not even looking to hit boundaries in that phase. Yeah, the bowling lost them the game today, and the spilled catch by Siraj, but they could have helped themselves more with the bat.

Faf in the first 10, Virat just after the PP.. Batsmen and batting line-ups have to go harder in Bangalore than they do in the other grounds. There is also dew when you bowl second, so much more dew.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Both blaming Kohli and saying Faf cost them 10-15 runs are wrong.
I'm not trying to blame kohli at all , FYI. There batting lineup made 210 despite the fact that on paper it ends after DK. There's nothing wrong with that. More just saying it's a bit brainless to blame faf for the slow start when kohli had the advantage of facing 2/3rds of the PP and lost the plot afterwards. It was clearly a plan from RCB to accelerate in the backend, which I see nothing wrong with, FYI, they made 210 and had LSG 3 down in the PP. Batting isn't the issue there, middle overs and death bowling is.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
More just saying it's a bit brainless to blame faf for the slow start when kohli had the advantage of facing 2/3rds of the PP
Not as brainless as not watching the game and reading the scorecard to decide these things. Virat was not hogging the strike. Faf was literally feeding him singles as he was hitting boundaries. And Faf did not even attempt any big shots.

And I never blamed Faf for the loss, just that it is something batsmen should avoid in Bangalore. And I made that point even when the innings was into its 8th over or whatever.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Not as brainless as not watching the game and reading the scorecard to decide these things. Virat was not hogging the strike. Faf was literally feeding him singles as he was hitting boundaries. And Faf did not even attempt any big shots.

And I never blamed Faf for the loss, just that it is something batsmen should avoid in Bangalore. And I made that point even when the innings was into its 8th over or whatever.
My language was a bit strong, didn't mean any offence towards you, though can fully understand how you'de take that way. Brainless wasn't the right word to use, my b.

kevinw

International 12th Man
You'll win more games than not scoring 210 even on flat decks. RCB have a weak bowling attack, especially when it comes to spin.