• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

halba

International 12th Man
Green $3mil but the most overpaid cricketer in this IPL. He's just not white ball material

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Mo's played a blinder.
I thought the days had gone when Moeen would get the MOTM award for his bowling, but that was a superb spell yesterday. Figures were even better when you remember the first ball went for 4 ridiculous overthrows. CSK won because they stemmed the powerplay momentum far faster than LSG did earlier.

Stokes bowling an over was about as painful to watch as it appeared on his knee. It's hard to see how he bowls much in the Ashes.

Brook's side

International Regular
I thought the days had gone when Moeen would get the MOTM award for his bowling, but that was a superb spell yesterday. Figures were even better when you remember the first ball went for 4 ridiculous overthrows. CSK won because they stemmed the powerplay momentum far faster than LSG did earlier.

Stokes bowling an over was about as painful to watch as it appeared on his knee. It's hard to see how he bowls much in the Ashes.
I'm sure that with Mo, a big factor is his mentality and application.
This could be unfair, but maybe he's more up for it on the big stage in the IPL with the crowd roaring, than he sometimes was for England.
I also thought at times he was perhaps too focused with England on his vice captaincy (and sometimes captain) status, than in being the best player he could be.
Never lacked ability with bat or ball, even though if I recall he primarily saw himself as a batsman in his formative years.
I thought it was good tactics and reading of the game by Dhoni with his bowlers (even though a couple of times he seemed to be pushing the boundaries of sportsmanship with slowing the game down). Sharma doesn't seem to be in control of events.

Socerer 01

International Captain

Dhoni can make any spinner look world class in Chepauk. the man has some magic voodoo spell over spinners

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni can make any spinner look world class in Chepauk. the man has some magic voodoo spell over spinners
To be fair, it was an inspired decision to bowl him. He didn't use him in the first game but brought him on before his old buddy Jadeja.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought it was good tactics and reading of the game by Dhoni with his bowlers (even though a couple of times he seemed to be pushing the boundaries of sportsmanship with slowing the game down). Sharma doesn't seem to be in control of events.
I noticed that Jos tweeted yesterday "Let's speed up the pace of play".

I see CSK were actually penalised in the final over yesterday for slow play.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I thought it was good tactics and reading of the game by Dhoni with his bowlers (even though a couple of times he seemed to be pushing the boundaries of sportsmanship with slowing the game down).
He was literally pointing to his wrist to indicate the players being slow and pushing them every over, the only captain who has spoken about finishing overs on time multiple times in post match interviews both as national and franchise captain, AND his team was fined (comically) for 1 over with 5 fielders in the ring. I dont think we were watching the same game, tbh.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Capitals management has been off this season. Why drop Powell, who's in form and did well at 5/6 for them last season for Roussow who's spent the past few years batting 3 exclusively, not 5?

Socerer 01

International Captain
Capitals management has been off this season. Why drop Powell, who's in form and did well at 5/6 for them last season for Roussow who's spent the past few years batting 3 exclusively, not 5?
needed Pant to challenge Ponting. now they have just Warner who will agree with whatever Ponting says without a doubt

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Ponting's coaching credentials have taken a bit of a nosedive recently. A very talented hobart hurricanes lineup didn't make semi's in a 5 out of 8 team qualification system in the BBL earlier this year and now a very talented on paper delhi lineup have lost 2 from 2 pretty comprehensively. Even without pant they have axar-warner-powell-nortje-marsh-roussow-kuldeep-shaw. That core of domestic/international players should be enough to make you competitive in indian conditons.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ponting's coaching credentials have taken a bit of a nosedive recently. A very talented hobart hurricanes lineup didn't make semi's in a 5 out of 8 team qualification system in the BBL earlier this year and now a very talented on paper delhi lineup have lost 2 from 2 pretty comprehensively. Even without pant they have axar-warner-powell-nortje-marsh-roussow-kuldeep-shaw. That core of domestic/international players should be enough to make you competitive in indian conditons.
I've always had the impression from afar that Punter looks too intense for a T20 head coach and likely (even if not intentionally) to put too much pressure on the players. Kind of the anti McCullum in that respect, which is somewhat ironic since the two are great mates but clearly very different personalities.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
According to cricinfo boult has the most First over wickets in the ipl since 2020 at 17, next best is 5. Given how important PP wickets are and the whole "you lose 70% of games when you lose 3 in the powerplay" cliche you'de have to think he's a seriously underrated player, no?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgeinho went to last night's game. Said it was awesome atmosphere. He's going to the Delhi-Mumbai game on (I believe) the 11th as well.

Happily still nowhere near Chennai.

Athlai

Not Terrible
According to cricinfo boult has the most First over wickets in the ipl since 2020 at 17, next best is 5. Given how important PP wickets are and the whole "you lose 70% of games when you lose 3 in the powerplay" cliche you'de have to think he's a seriously underrated player, no?
Woah that is actually a pretty crazy stat

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's underrating him?
tbh think he's seriously respected around the world, oh how we'd love him to return to the Black caps.