• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Nz Ipl players won't play in pak odi and t20 series as well? That is 4 series in total that Ipl pulls out good players...bad for international cricket.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Yeah but it’s two very very tight test wins, where we carry passengers in the team, worry about our bowling stocks, and what the future looks like when we don’t get to see you get new/younger talent tried.

And you would REALLY expect NZ to beat SL in NZ nine times out of ten (if not more).
Not sure that's a realistic expectation if you look beyond the recent golden era.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson's last over 4 was legendary given the field and skill he needed to do that. Wonderful hundred especially as he was struggling for a good few hours and made Mitchell, deservedly MOTM, job much harder.

Tough on Sri Lanka as they were excellent for large parts of the test and the curtailed day favoured NZ more. Rajitha finished with only the 3 wickets and went for 160 odd. He bowled some wonderful spells.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Might be as it is late and this is so recent but are there any other instances of a side having back-to-back test matches this dramatic?

Socerer 01

International Captain
Nz Ipl players won't play in pak odi and t20 series as well? That is 4 series in total that Ipl pulls out good players...bad for international cricket.
yea as captain Kane should be playing them instead of rotting on the bench for an ipl team. sends very bad signal if he doesn’t play them

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nicholls still being in the ODI squad is supremely frustrating.

ODI Squad to face Sri Lanka Tom Latham (capt), Finn Allen*, Tom Blundell, Chad Bowes, Michael Bracewell, Mark Chapman#, Lockie Ferguson*, Matt Henry, Ben Lister#, Daryl Mitchell, Henry Nicholls#, Glenn Phillips*, Henry Shipley, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Will Young

* Leaving for IPl after first ODI
# Joining for ODIs 2 and 3

Without Conway and Williamson it will be interesting to see who they play at 2/3. Young replaced Williamson at 3 previously but IIRC has also opened at A level and domestically. Nicholls batted at 3 in India, and there's potential for Tom Blundell to open in place of Conway and Bowes instead of Allen. Or they'll ask Nicholls to go back to opening. Mitchell has been at number 4 most recently but has done fairly poorly compared to when he's batted at 6/7. Who the **** knows really. From the squad I'd go:

1. F Allen/C Bowes
2. T Blundell
3. W Young
4. G Phillips/M Chapman
5. T Latham+
6. D Mitchell
7. M Bracewell
8. H Shipley
9. M Henry
10. I Sodhi
11. L Ferguson/B Lister

thundaboult

International Debutant
Yeah but it’s two very very tight test wins, where we carry passengers in the team, worry about our bowling stocks, and what the future looks like when we don’t get to see you get new/younger talent tried.

And you would REALLY expect NZ to beat SL in NZ nine times out of ten (if not more).
true but i've been beaten into stockholm syndrome by our style of play and selections so f**k the future and hooray boredom

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Nicholls still being in the ODI squad is supremely frustrating.

ODI Squad to face Sri Lanka Tom Latham (capt), Finn Allen*, Tom Blundell, Chad Bowes, Michael Bracewell, Mark Chapman#, Lockie Ferguson*, Matt Henry, Ben Lister#, Daryl Mitchell, Henry Nicholls#, Glenn Phillips*, Henry Shipley, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Will Young

* Leaving for IPl after first ODI
# Joining for ODIs 2 and 3

Without Conway and Williamson it will be interesting to see who they play at 2/3. Young replaced Williamson at 3 previously but IIRC has also opened at A level and domestically. Nicholls batted at 3 in India, and there's potential for Tom Blundell to open in place of Conway and Bowes instead of Allen. Or they'll ask Nicholls to go back to opening. Mitchell has been at number 4 most recently but has done fairly poorly compared to when he's batted at 6/7. Who the **** knows really. From the squad I'd go:

1. F Allen/C Bowes
2. T Blundell
3. W Young
4. G Phillips/M Chapman
5. T Latham+
6. D Mitchell
7. M Bracewell
8. H Shipley
9. M Henry
10. I Sodhi
11. L Ferguson/B Lister
Macewell will also leave the squad for Ipl as he is joining rcb now as injury replacement.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Henry Nicholls, so dire. I love the bloke, but he is the archetypal Gary Stead selection. Selections like his, like Kuggeleijn, like Macewell in Tests, are holding this side back from developing young talent and moving forward. Nicholls is in no sort of form, didn't even score Ford Trophy runs.

No surprise to see Chad Bowes finally selected at the end of his first summer as a 30-year-old :laugh:

And I really, REALLY hope they play Will Young in all three games, and he pumps it. Just ****ing back the guy.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
The weather is looking a bit dire for the first session at least, though if it follows the existing trend, some rain could make for a good match.