• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Haha insane to have two of the most epic finishes in cricket history in consecutive tests
The Kiwi's in the 2 consecutive tests have played the 'Hare & Tortoise' race in both of them with the Kiwi's coming out on top in both extremes of the game..... 1 run victory + last ball of a test victory... Both test matches early on it looked like the other team had the upper hand until New Zealand turned it around.

Also in the last 2 weeks 3 of the 'Big 4' have scored test centuries & I very much like the symmetry with the outlook now.

Centuries:

1.Smith- 30
2.Root- 29
3.Kohli- 28
4.Williamson- 27

... Tightly packed bunch.A good Ashes series may decide who well & truely skips clear & maybe,just maybe it might be the year of Kohli- Part 2.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Kiwi's in the 2 consecutive tests have played the 'Hare & Tortoise' race in both of them with the Kiwi's coming out on top in both extremes of the game..... 1 run victory + last ball of a test victory... Both test matches early on it looked like the other team had the upper hand until New Zealand turned it around.

Also in the last 2 weeks 3 of the 'Big 4' have scored test centuries & I very much like the symmetry with the outlook now.

Centuries:

1.Smith- 30
2.Root- 29
3.Kohli- 28
4.Williamson- 27

... Tightly packed bunch.A good Ashes series may decide who well & truely skips clear & maybe,just maybe it might be the year of Kohli- Part 2.
Last 10 years (3000 test runs)

1678697846453.png

Brook's side

International Regular
Wow! Final ball!! I followed a little during the night up to just before Mitchell was out and thought NZ were cruising. Congrats. Great knock from KW by the looks of it. No way NZ wins that game though if they hadn't beaten us.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Wow - what a end to a test match - that's right up there with the all time great finishes.

Tough loss for SL - the dropped Dickwella catch was so costly but fair play to Williamson and Mitchell - great partnership.

thierry henry

International Coach
I had a fancy dinner booked for the missus’s birthday at 7pm which was supposed to be an hour after the cricket finished so obviously a non-issue ? Didn’t watch it live as a result, but was drinking champagne at least

Funny thing is that isn’t even the reason I was raising the question about cut-off times, that was pure TH pedantry my friends

thierry henry

International Coach
Btw can anyone confirm that this is the first ever test won off the official last scheduled ball of the test (yes I know, every test is won off the last ball, good one)…I’d imagine surely it is, but also hard to establish due to the general shambles around the very rules I’ve been posting about and the record keeping around such things

Flem274*

123/5
A comment I meant to make during the first innings - it's odd Daryl Mitchell is a bit of a meh ODI batsman given how strongly he strikes me as an ODI batsman when playing test cricket.

He walks at the bowler to get in their head and negate the swing constantly, and he's the most proactive batsman in the side at looking to score off every ball and find the singles. He operates like a class ODI #5 in test cricket, yet he's disappointed in ODIs to date.

If he played "properly" he would be far worse imo. He looks like a massive candidate for poking tamely at the ball while creasebound. He advances or moves around so much though that it's hard to trap him there for an extended period.

Even today he just bombed his first ball to seize the initiative and make the bowler think about their own game. He's ****ing smart, so I hope his golden run continues.

Brook's side

International Regular
@Flem274* It was the middle of the night and I had no track on the time/overs remaining and hadn't realised this was a factor (don't think I'd even realised it was day 5). Looking forward to viewing some decent highlights on yotube hopefully at some point.

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Btw can anyone confirm that this is the first ever test won off the official last scheduled ball of the test (yes I know, every test is won off the last ball, good one)…I’d imagine surely it is, but also hard to establish due to the general shambles around the very rules I’ve been posting about and the record keeping around such things
New Zealand cricket taking it to the extremes.

*Loses the ODI Cricket World Cup on the very last ball (* in super over)
*Wins a test match against England by the smallest possible margin- 1 run
* Wins a test match against Sri Lanka at the latest possible moment whilst batting- last ball of the match.

All within the last few years or so.