• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

thierry henry

International Coach
Is there a time at which they have to stop playing tonight? I'm assuming 6pm is the theoretical finish time, 6:30pm the actual normal latest finish time (over rates) and maybe they can go to 7pm to make up time? All I've learned over the years is that playing conditions like this seem to be made up as they go along so maybe not.

ataraxia

International Coach
Is there a time at which they have to stop playing tonight? I'm assuming 6pm is the theoretical finish time, 6:30pm the actual normal latest finish time (overrates) and maybe they can go to 7pm to make up time? All I've learned over the years is that playing conditions like this seem to be made up as they go along so maybe not.

thierry henry

International Coach
During the Mount Maunganui test v Pakistan in 2020/21 they played until some ungodly hour one night which seemed to be completely out of whack with the normal rules of the game. Did we just openly cheat to make the WTC final and it was ok cos no-one cares about this stuff?

ataraxia

International Coach
During the Mount Maunganui test v Pakistan in 2020/21 they played until some ungodly hour one night which seemed to be completely out of whack with the normal rules of the game. Did we just openly cheat to make the WTC final and it was ok cos no-one cares about this stuff?
Was it the Day 5? It might have been last-hour-requires-15-overs shenanigans.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Man, whatever the outcome today it is worth mentioning how good the pitches have been for the last couple of tests.
Yeah for sure we can't say anything bad about the pitches. Not too much for either the batters or bowlers makes for good viewing.
350-400 type decks make for the best finishes imo. Today was set up perfectly and we can't say the 2nd test against England wasn't exciting.
In contrast look at the dog holes in India, either all over in 2.5 days with scores of 150 average, or the 4th test road.
India really struggle to get something in between a minefield or a highway.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Just got home, doesn't look like we're playing with much intent. Surely not getting all these overs in either, so I'm not sure I understand this.

ataraxia

International Coach
I think we've half-arsed it a bit too much here, but credit if they do just unleash the slogathon and keep going. Also, Wagner will totally bat here if it comes to it.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope this doesn't come off anything other than a genuine, interested enquiry...but what would be the mission/purpose of a stop gap option right now?
Wait and see if a rachin/phillips can develop their bowling a bit, or if a Shipley/smith can upskill there batting? Worst case mcconchie fails over the next year, at least he's amongst the domestic runs when getting picked and has a better FC record then Bracewell when picked.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular
This would be New Zealand's second highest run chase at home if successful. The highest run chase was 317 against Pakistan in 1994 at the old AMI stadium in Christchurch ..Shane Thomson got 120 off 167 in the 4th innings his only test hundred , against prime Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis imagine .

ataraxia

International Coach
Are we going to play until 7.30 to get the overs in, or what? Commentators seem certain we'll see 99 more balls.