• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Shame Sri Lanka fell apart. Lost count the number of times Rajitha beat Mitchell.

Henry's an interesting one with the bat. Last 9 innings, 3 fifties with 4 ducks. Scored an excellent 50 odd against South Africa last year with zero trouble, real fluency and followed that up on the same ground a few days later with a pair.

Migara

International Coach
Told you we are 100 runs short.

Unless Chandimal and Mathews gets a 100 - 150 run partnership it is going to be difficult. Only these two know how to bat with the tail as well.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular
Shame Sri Lanka fell apart. Lost count the number of times Rajitha beat Mitchell.

Henry's an interesting one with the bat. Last 9 innings, 3 fifties with 4 ducks. Scored an excellent 50 odd against South Africa last year with zero trouble, real fluency and followed that up on the same ground a few days later with a pair.
Matt Henry ..You never know what you're gonna get from him hey ? On his day he can trouble the best batting units but he can also be very ordinary also

thundaboult

International Debutant
With boult out and jamo always struggling with injuries, Henry is key. And he will get consistent games now so that bowling average will go down. Expect him to get more and more wickets. Quality cricketer.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Excellent from Mitchell, Henry and co to give NZ an unlikely lead.

In the last 2 years Henry averages 30 with the bat to go along with his 34 wickets @ 27 with ball.

NZ with their noses in front with Hagley unlikely to deteriorate much, but still very much open.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Doug Bracewell has been brought into the squad for the Wellington test, with Will Young sent back to CD.
I like one part of this. Should've been ahead of Kuggleijn.

We have Nicholls averaging 20 and the guy who should be there is sent back to PS. I saw crazy stats Dylan Cleaver wrote about the awful output from #4 since Taylor retired, I'll post when I get the chance

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I like one part of this. Should've been ahead of Kuggleijn.

We have Nicholls averaging 20 and the guy who should be there is sent back to PS. I saw crazy stats Dylan Cleaver wrote about the awful output from #4 since Taylor retired, I'll post when I get the chance
Actually I didn't read (or quote) it right. After play today Young will head up the road to Rangiora to play Plunket Shield for CD before rejoining the test squad in Wellington. It also says Dougie would've been an injury replacement in the England tests but had a minor groin strain.

So if Nicholls fails in the 2nd innings perhaps
Young at 4 and Dacewell at 8 for the Basin.

ataraxia

International Coach
Dougeh :(

Nah but this is good. It's great that they're fitting in 3–4 games this side of Christmas for Young, despite being a semi-permanent reserve. Even if this is a situation NZC have indeed thrust upon themselves.

ataraxia

International Coach
I suppose he could also head up to Palmy on day 5 of the Basin test to play for CD, but that depends upon whether he's selected for the ODIs v SL I guess.

ataraxia

International Coach
Actually I didn't read (or quote) it right. After play today Young will head up the road to Rangiora to play Plunket Shield for CD before rejoining the test squad in Wellington. It also says Dougie would've been an injury replacement in the England tests but had a minor groin strain.

So if Nicholls fails in the 2nd innings perhaps
Young at 4 and Dacewell at 8 for the Basin.
Dougeh is still in the squad after all? Dougeh!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Taylor didn't have a great last year either so it's pretty close to nowt from the position since the WTC win.

Screenshot_20230311-194144.png

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Will be interesting to see who dough replaces, don't think you can drop Tickner after his spell yesterday.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Average of 22.72 with a HS of 105. Ouch. 14.5 average without that single innings.

And yes, surely Doug replaces Wagner if he's injured and Kuggeleijn can **** off.