• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Macewell has been an interesting player insofar that an average FC bat (in a fairly strong comp too – fight me) cannot make it as a test #7. Somewhat intriguing.
Also weird that our 8-11 generally look better at the crease than he does.

He has struggled for years for Wellington with his batting at first class level, but I didn't think he'd be quite this bad with the bat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know it's been said a million times but if Southee and Henry are going to bat like this with a set batsman at the other end they should be batting below Wagner.

If they want to slog their way to 20s and 30s because they don't trust their defence then that's a valid strategy but slogging tailenders should never bat ahead of those who can bat for the set batsman.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it's been said a million times but if Southee and Henry are going to bat like this with a set batsman at the other end they should be batting below Wagner.

If they want to slog their way to 20s and 30s because they don't trust their defence then that's a valid strategy but slogging tailenders should never bat ahead of those who can bat for the set batsman.
Wagner also has a tendency to slog tbf. Southee's added 40 odd with Mitchell and got out to a blinder of a catch off a ball he hit pretty well, don't think you can expect much more from your #8.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wagner also has a tendency to slog tbf. Southee's added 40 odd with Mitchell and got out to a blinder of a catch off a ball he hit pretty well, don't think you can expect much more from your #8.
Wagner has at least shown the occasional desire to knuckle down and support the batsman at the other end. I suspect it's Southee's-thick-as-mince batting brain disease being infectious. Henry is a decent bat - or at least was until he batted in the same team as Southee.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket and weird reasons not to play!

Wagner slogged out with a set Williamson in the 70s the last time we were in SA in 2016 (?).

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
So if SL beat NZ 2-0, are they in the WTC final in place of India?
SL will NOT win 2-0.

All these outcomes are more likely-

NZ 2-0
NZ 1-0
Draw 1-1
SL 1-0

So Indians need to forget about it! NZ will not lose 2-0 at home, in fact they will not lose this series at all, I am certain.