• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
We do have guys who hit 140+ (Sears, Ferguson, Milne, Fisher) but all four are generally injured. I know fast bowling is an un-natural, brutal art but we have a forged history of being unable to get anyone on the park for any period of time bowling that quick. For all the advances of biomechanics, we're not a step closer - and arguably getting worse.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf, Ferguson’s been much better at staying on the park than any kiwi quick since young Hadlee.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah Ferguson being injury prone is a myth. He had a bad 2020-21 but not using and mismanaging =/= injury prone. Touch wood he's been fit for the majority of his career.

Wellington and ND also celebrate the availability of their quicks by not picking them.

Milne has had a terrible run of injuries, as have most CD bowlers.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Milne also has been pretty good in the last few years. Was surprised how much he’s been turning out for Wellington lately.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting behaviour out of that footmark. That footmark poses no dangers but it'll be interesting to see if the other one did the same thing. Could be something for Jayasuriya to target against the lefties in the second dig.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Ferguson being injury prone is a myth. He had a bad 2020-21 but not using and mismanaging =/= injury prone. Touch wood he's been fit for the majority of his career.

Wellington and ND also celebrate the availability of their quicks by not picking them.

Milne has had a terrible run of injuries, as have most CD bowlers.
That's why I said getting Ferguson on the park, I more so meant he's played bugger all FC games recently, no (?) A tours and a solitary test. So even if he's not injury prone, he's still not playing.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain

I wonder what sort of restrictions are put on them. It was really weird watching the women's list A Hallyburton Johnstone Shield final and Jess Kerr was only allowed to bowl 8 overs because of loading stuff after the t20 world cup?! Seemed totally bizarre to me.

I assume there's very similar things in place for the men ... it seems like Sears is rested an awful lot when fit, sadly it hasn't stopped him getting injured. In the old days bowlers kept fit by bowling as much as possible.

thundaboult

International Debutant
I thought that was the usual till Bond appeared. After that there was at least one out and out fast bowler was there, IIRC.

To be fare to us, we had Dilhara, Malinga, Chameera and Kumara all able to hit 90 mark during the same time. So were probably not the slowest.
nope, no out n out pacer since bonds last appearance, lockie played 1 game, milne never

ataraxia

International Coach
Macewell has been an interesting player insofar that an average FC bat (in a fairly strong comp too – fight me) cannot make it as a test #7. Somewhat intriguing.