• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I feel pretty bad about it tbh. Nicholls has made some great contributions to NZ cricket during his career. Was absolutely critical to our first series win in Asia in 30 odd years and has made quality hundreds against strong SA and England bowling lineups. I'm sad his battings gone into a bit of a tailspin. The reaction is more an indictment on the selection team than on him.
Yes and even moreso whenever I find myself thinking negatively about Wagner at the moment, after so long as a massive contributor for NZ. It's cowardly selection policy and is ultimately more sad than anything else.

Edit: Though Nicholls is more the responsible for his own demise than Wagner. The latter just got old, whereas Nicholls seems to have lost the will or ability to grit out long periods and put away shots like the hook and reverse sweep that continually get him in trouble. And hasn't managed to address some technical deficiences where opposition target him, such as being unable to keep the ball down when quick at the body (possibly why he started compulsively hooking) and vulnerability to right arm round the wicket.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All you anti-Latham mongoloids are going to taste it when he makes this ton in the most crucial of situations.

Runs against big teams are for plebs

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nicholls has been a great hand for NZ that scored a lot of centuries and deserves plenty of credit for that.

But yeah, it's time.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is whole situation is absolutely tailor made for a Macewell 150 that keeps him in the XI’s for the next 2 years