• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
New ball five overs away and want Southee and Henry to take it, but I hope we're not going to start with pish from both ends until that time. Need one of them on immediately, otherwise it's like five overs of throwdowns to get the SL batsmen in.
Going by that over and old ball or not, Southee and Henry need to be bowling. Sri Lanka may have 350 time the new ball is available.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez if this bowling attack is persisted with, Southee’s wpm ratio is going to go through the roof.
He's probably selecting the team for that reason. Win toss and bowl on green seamer and stack attack with pie chuckers. Result: captain gets bags of wickets

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Still don’t like the way Blundell takes those wide chances. His feet barely moved at all and the ball was waaaay outside his eye line. Could do with a couple of coaching clinics with BJ once he goes back to Wellington.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Decent score for Sri Lanka but so many soft dismissals.
I thought DDS was very good yesterday, better than I'd seen him before. He has scored one century (which I don't think I saw much of) vs NZ but failed every other innings. So giving away his wicket like that is a waste.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Keeping Tickner on even after DDS was out is ridiculous. Saving Henry for the new ball against players who average 4, 4, 3 and 3 in Tests.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez Tickner needs to work on his fitness. Clocking 125k’s after a pretty moderate workload on day 1.

Mike5181

International Captain
Keeping Tickner on even after DDS was out is ridiculous. Saving Henry for the new ball against players who average 4, 4, 3 and 3 in Tests.
Yeah but if he takes a couple of wickets their selection doesn't look as bad if people only look at the scorecard.