• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah he hasn't achieved everything! And this was a big year for him. If he continues in this vein he is definitely not top 5 all-time.

I actually believe that Smith will retire when his average goes below a certain point. Perhaps when it dips below 58. (He is acutely aware of his average). This could genuinely happen after the Ashes... but unlikely.

Regardless, I think he is in his final 1-2 years. He will try to finish with a high final average. So I see him retiring at age 35, not 38 or 39.

Next home Border Gavaskar series will be his last series imo.
Can't see any issue with this take

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
This pitch/road will probably remain flat for at least 3 days! Hopefully will break up in the 2nd innings, otherwise we could have a bore draw!

Spark

Global Moderator
Would have considered saving the new ball for tomorrow for the morning swing, you might not get that now with a ball that's already 10 overs old

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Green looks really vunerable to that one coming back in. Umesh nearly got him in the same way he got him in the 3rd test lbw.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the average for the green-usman partnership? These two have had a few solid partnerships in the past year or two.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a huge test for Australia, they wouldn't want to lose the 4th consecutive series to India.

imho, 4 series defeats is too much for a team like Australia! So I expect this test to be fought hard. And I also expect Australia to thrash India in the next BG series in 2024/25.

scoreline prediction: 3-1 or 4-1.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon that was catchable if one of the fielders committed earlier, fantastic ball from shami either way.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Green doesn't look comfortable vs the short ball. He's had a few hit him in the gloves/pop up already today. Even that pull shot looked extremely forced.