• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't know how Henry bowled in the first session, though 10 overs for 44 isn't great. But this session he's bowled nicely so far and that wicket is deserved reward.

SL just need to remember NZ's bowling outside of Southee+Henry is weak. So trying to flay a cover drive off Henry near the end of his spell and losing your wicket is a bad move.
I think you're forgetting that Macewell threatens with the old ball.

Flem274*

123/5
Interesting, and nice bowling both guys.

SL's strength is their batting so NZ could really give themselves a leg up if they restrict to 250. Hagley isn't as mean as it looks to bat on but 300+ is still a very solid score if your bowlers get a roll on.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
That was an amazing session of commentary with Russel Arnold and Stevenson, Arnold trying to talk cricket, Stevenson chipping in with random pointless banter and observations that made no sense, and Arnold seeming totally baffled every time he spoke.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was an amazing session of commentary with Russel Arnold and Stevenson, Arnold trying to talk cricket, Stevenson chipping in with random pointless banter and observations that made no sense, and Arnold seeming totally baffled every time he spoke.
Would could make me love Russel more?

If he called out Scotty Stevenson's bullshit, that'd work.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I'm no expert, but if Tickner wanted to do that 'several balls in the right place in a row' thing he occasionally does, now would be a good time.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Slightly unlucky but probably worth the review.

The commentators carrying on audibly in the background when they're off mic is always a highlight with these reviews. Macca was giving it out.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
There was someone telling Southee a couple times Matthews hit the ball, wasn't there?

McMillan was all over the place as well. "It’s dead!".

Binkley

U19 Captain
1 out of 16 successful reviews according to Craig McMillan. Southee’s use of DRS was a meme before he became captain, but the meme is really no longer funny.

Binkley

U19 Captain
The over rate today has been terrible, but I reckon the Sri Lankans have been as much to blame as the New Zealanders. A ridiculous amount of mucking about by the batsmen.