• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I dont like watching Kholi bat in test matches it like he can get out at any ball, i get nervous energy do any of you Indian fans feel the same these days.
You should bust a nut before he comes in to bat instead of while he's batting. Get it out of your system.

Shri

Mr. Glass
What is funny is that Axar barely gets too bowl as is with Ashwin and Jadeja around. What are two more spinners going to be hanging around for?
more complicated to rotate three spinners around. 4 spinners means they can be paired up neatly for spells however the captain wants

Xix2565

International Regular
Dropping Bharat is idiotic tbh. For KL you could at least argue that he's not had a good run and Gill could be a better option (who ended up being just as bad in a different way), but Bharat hasn't done much wrong in the grand scheme of things to deserve being left out for another debutant. Don't speak it into existence ffs @honestbharani.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dropping Bharat is idiotic tbh. For KL you could at least argue that he's not had a good run and Gill could be a better option (who ended up being just as bad in a different way), but Bharat hasn't done much wrong in the grand scheme of things to deserve being left out for another debutant. Don't speak it into existence ffs @honestbharani.
I am not saying it is the right move dude but we know how they think. I hope they give him the series coz these have been tough pitches to bat on and 40s are match-winning scores here and he has to be judged in that context. That said, he does not look like a test batsman and like it or not, keepers today need to be test class batsmen. :(

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aside from the 50 he made in the last Test (which was realistically worth 100+ on a more typical pitch) he's been just as bad as Kohli for just as long. Looks worse too.
He actually got dropped for a bit tho. Kohli has seemed untouchable as long as Rahane/Pujara are around to stink it up and take the attention away.

Xix2565

International Regular
I am not saying it is the right move dude but we know how they think. I hope they give him the series coz these have been tough pitches to bat on and 40s are match-winning scores here and he has to be judged in that context. That said, he does not look like a test batsman and like it or not, keepers today need to be test class batsmen. :(
They won't drop him like that because they actually rate him, ffs. You can't say we know how they think and then assume dropping Bharat is in the Indian TM's wheelhouse. And it's easy to not look like a Test batter on these wickets, unless you're also saying Smith and Labuschagne aren't Test batters either. You don't need to Gambhir about this smh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He actually got dropped for a bit tho. Kohli has seemed untouchable as long as Rahane/Pujara are around to stink it up and take the attention away.
Lets hope we make the WTC final which means there are 2 more tests in this cycle. The best I can see happening for us -

Motera - Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Jadeja, Shreyas, Ishan, Ashwin, Axar, Umesh, Shami

Oval - Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Jadeja, Shreyas, Ishan, Ashwin/Shardul, Umesh, Shami, Siraj

I guess the Windies tour can be a fresh start but I am not too hopeful. Now, if it was upto me...

Motera - Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Washy, Shreyas, Jaddu, Ashwin, Bharat, Umesh/Axar, Shami - if its a turner, I will play Axar, else Umesh.

Oval - Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Washy, Shreyas, Jaddu/Shardul, Umesh, Shami, Siraj. - Not sure if Oval will be spinny in June. If so, Jaddu.

Dravid-Rohit GalaxyBrain Idea Alert - Get Rahul for Bharat and have him keep and bat #5. Unfortunately, this may well happen too. :(

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
It's particularly necessary they probably have seen enough of Bharat. With a WTC final approaching it makes total sense to try out Kishan if he is upto it.
I remember him playing extremely well against Stuurman & Marco Jansen in the 4 day games in SA. Even outscored Sarfaraz there.
His glovework is what I guess is what they had to take a call on.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Lets hope we make the WTC final which means there are 2 more tests in this cycle. The best I can see happening for us -

Motera - Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Jadeja, Shreyas, Ishan, Ashwin, Axar, Umesh, Shami

Oval - Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Jadeja, Shreyas, Ishan, Ashwin/Shardul, Umesh, Shami, Siraj

I guess the Windies tour can be a fresh start but I am not too hopeful. Now, if it was upto me...

Motera - Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Washy, Shreyas, Jaddu, Ashwin, Bharat, Umesh/Axar, Shami - if its a turner, I will play Axar, else Umesh.

Oval - Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Washy, Shreyas, Jaddu/Shardul, Umesh, Shami, Siraj. - Not sure if Oval will be spinny in June. If so, Jaddu.

Dravid-Rohit GalaxyBrain Idea Alert - Get Rahul for Bharat and have him keep and bat #5. Unfortunately, this may well happen too. :(
The Rahul idea looks interesting. Rahul did had a solid run in England as a opener, SA too & I am not too convinced seeing Gill at the top in England. He can surely come in the MO.

Shri

Mr. Glass
why are you dropping our top scorer for the series on a turner

also if it is a turner, we should go all in and play kuldeep and pick no pacers

Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Shreyas, Washy, Jaddu, Axar, Ashwin, Bharat, Kuldeep

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
why are you dropping our top scorer for the series on a turner

also if it is a turner, we should go all in and play kuldeep and pick no pacers

Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Shreyas, Washy, Jaddu, Axar, Ashwin, Bharat, Kuldeep
5 spinners and keeper at 10. Can't believe India have fallen so far that there time travelling to pre WW-I to scrape a chance at victory

ataraxia

International Coach
the funny thing is that with that fabulous side India would still most likely win. It'd be epic, particularly when Jadeja does bowl a 125kph bouncer to snare Stoiv Smeethe