• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pujara was abject until recently no? Like, worse than Kohli.
They've both been awful but I feel like Pujara's played a few more important innings than Kohli has. Pujara's 2021 border gavaskar series was worth way more than the pure numbers and had a couple of key innings in England too. For Kohli, apart from the SA tour (where I thought he had a low key very good series), it's really slim pickings and even his good innings have been forgettable rather than the Pujara - esque heroic efforts at Sydney and Brisbane.

Ultimately it is a tiresome conversation because they both need to go at this point. Just like when the Pujara vs rahane debates were happening, they both needed to go back then too. I simply don't understand why they all can't be dropped at once when they've been so bad for so long. They're scared to make this badly needed overhaul of the team and it's pathetic to watch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pujara was abject until recently no? Like, worse than Kohli.
Aside from the 50 he made in the last Test (which was realistically worth 100+ on a more typical pitch) he's been just as bad as Kohli for just as long. Looks worse too.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Aside from the 50 he made in the last Test (which was realistically worth 100+ on a more typical pitch) he's been just as bad as Kohli for just as long. Looks worse too.
I don't have the numbers but he got dropped, came back after making bucket loads of county runs, made a 50 vs England opening and made 100+90 vs Bangladesh. That's a lot better then Kohli's done and he's earned his spot through domestic red ball runs, unlike Kohli.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If I was India right now ide be looking at something like this for the fourth test.

1.Rohit
2.Gill
3.Pujara
4.Shreyas/Kohli
5.Jaiswal.
6.Jadeja
7.axar
8.Ashwin
9.Bharat
10.Shami
11.Umesh.

Dropping Gill after one bad test would be horrible for the confidence of a young guy, need to back him for the last test of the series at least. Iyer bats top order for Mumbai in these conditions, think he can do better there than Kohli atm. India need an ahressive left handed in the middle order to do pants role and Jaiswal seems as good an option as any to do so. Just made twin Tons in the Irani cup vs a solid attack. Think you need to play your best keeper on these decks, and having all 3 of Axar Jadeja Ashwin means you can do that. No offence to Kishan, gun player, but I don't rate his glovework and Bharat has been tidy so far.

Pacers was a tossup but Shamis been good enough with the new rock and Umesh is a beast at home. Don't see the point of siraj if one of the spinners+shami can take the new rock and be a constant threat. Don't think any of this will happen mind you, Indian managment seem a bit all over the place right now. Saying there going to back Rahul then dropping him the test straight after just seems off to me.

Shri

Mr. Glass
India need an ahressive left handed in the middle order
we need anyone who can score 40

don't understand bringing in a domestic opener and making him bat at 5 in tests, which he has never done before. if you bring jaiswal in bring him in to open because it would also let gill play at his usual FC position in the middle order

washington sundar has done no wrong and should be ahead in the waiting list

Rohit
Jaiswal
Pujara
Gill
Shreyas
Sundar
Jadeja
Axar
Ashwin
Bharat
Kuldeep

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Does Gill bat 5 domestically? Remember him making runs vs nz-A in the top 3 for India A a while back and he opened for India A before the last border Gavaskar.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm also completely game with Jaiswal opening and gill at 4/5 FYI. Just like the idea of a lefty in the middle order cause India have put Jadeja at 5 in England before trying pant there and more recently with pant unavailable, and I don't think Jadeja is a particularly good #5. Small sample size but he hasn't done great there and he looks far more comfortable at 6/7 vs the softer ball. Kishan could obviously come in for Bharat and be a more like for like pant replacement but I don't know if his keeping is up to standard.

slippy888

International Captain
I dont like watching Kholi bat in test matches it like he can get out at any ball, i get nervous energy do any of you Indian fans feel the same these days.

subshakerz

International Coach
we need anyone who can score 40

don't understand bringing in a domestic opener and making him bat at 5 in tests, which he has never done before. if you bring jaiswal in bring him in to open because it would also let gill play at his usual FC position in the middle order

washington sundar has done no wrong and should be ahead in the waiting list

Rohit
Jaiswal
Pujara
Gill
Shreyas
Sundar
Jadeja
Axar
Ashwin
Bharat
Kuldeep
What is funny is that Axar barely gets too bowl as is with Ashwin and Jadeja around. What are two more spinners going to be hanging around for?

subshakerz

International Coach
I dont like watching Kholi bat in test matches it like he can get out at any ball, i get nervous energy do any of you Indian fans feel the same these days.
To be fair, that is the case with more batters on these wickets. If it were flatter, Kohli would have had a couple of 50s by now.