• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Victor Ian

International Coach
Pant isn’t coming back as batsman. If he leads a normal life , we should be happy for him .
really? I'm devastated. Not because he won't be the batsman he was, but for himself. I thought the prognosis was, after sufficient rest and recovery he'd suffer no long term effects and be back to normal. Has that changed?

subshakerz

International Coach
Its interesting coz I include Pant when you say current batting line-up. Just go by current form,

Rohit > Khawaja
Gill/Rahul <= their second opener
Pujara < Labu
Virat < Smith
Pant > Head
Shreyas > Green
Jadeja > Carey
Ashwin > Starc
Axar > Cummins
Khwaja was been scoring very well the past year. Not sure Rohit is ahead.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
really? I'm devastated. Not because he won't be the batsman he was, but for himself. I thought the prognosis was, after sufficient rest and recovery he'd suffer no long term effects and be back to normal. Has that changed?
Yes. Devastating to realize that a potential ATG career was lost for him. Hope all his hard work through the years and now pays off and he comes back.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Its interesting coz I include Pant when you say current batting line-up. Just go by current form,

Rohit > Khawaja
Gill/Rahul <= their second opener
Pujara < Labu
Virat < Smith
Pant > Head
Shreyas > Green
Jadeja > Carey
Ashwin > Starc
Axar > Cummins
Why are you comparing different players? That is so bizarre

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They are not better . They are much better .

Eg.

8 > 5
2.5 < 3

However 10.5 > 8 . I have tried to explain mathematically ?
Yeah they’re definitely a better batting unit overall. 4 of the top 10 batsmen in the rankings are Australian. A lot of it is beating up hapless opponents in Australia but we don’t even do half of that at home.

We’re better in India and probably the rest of the SC but we rely so much on our bowlers to make runs. Axar probably doesn’t even play overseas games so we’ll lose that too when comparing performances there.

This is before we even consider our best batsmen is out injured for a long time.

Gob

International Coach
Real issue with Indian batting lies with Rohit's opening partner and Kohli right? Rohit him self is very good. People are way harsh on Pujara and up until the last two tests, Iyer was kind of a saviour

Spark

Global Moderator
Real issue with Indian batting lies with Rohit's opening partner and Kohli right? Rohit him self is very good. People are way harsh on Pujara and up until the last two tests, Iyer was kind of a saviour
Pujara was abject until recently no? Like, worse than Kohli.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
WTC final may end a few careers... Pujara might be the eventual casualty. Kohli is too big to go yet.
The way Jaiswal is scoring runs in domestics I'd be tempted to throw him at the deep end.
Gill is certainly too loose to be a opener in Test cricket.

About time we dump Bharat as well. Try out Kishan before WTC final.
He is loose cannon but a maverick player who can turn a match on his head. On a expected flat oval pitch on a oldish duke ball he can cause some damage.

We are not winning WTC but won't mind a ultra aggressive route.
Current strategy is more like we shouldn't even bother making a trip to London.
Sack defensive Dravid & move on.

Gob

International Coach
Pujara was abject until recently no? Like, worse than Kohli.
True but he made a double ton very recently and was absolutely masterful on that deck 2 days ago

He can't be the problem unless we are in to aging