• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Xix2565

International Regular
the absolute farce by which Pakistan got the rating of Rawalpindi pitch raised to average with the reasoning given being blatantly disingenuous, if not downright dishonest.
Tbf the ICC has everything needed to make pitch rating a more objective judgement via Hawkeye data, they're just unimaginative with it.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I would be totally honest , before the series began, this is the home series I was most worried about because I had a feeling our batting would let us down big time and Aus would break our unbeaten home streak of last 10 years .Now thanks to Jadeja and Australia’s collapse in 2nd Test , we won’t lose this series. But Aus Should count this series as missed opportunity more than 2017 .

subshakerz

International Coach
I would be totally honest , before the series began, this is the home series I was most worried about because I had a feeling our batting would let us down big time and Aus would break our unbeaten home streak of last 10 years .Now thanks to Jadeja and Australia’s collapse in 2nd Test , we won’t lose this series. But Aus Should count this series as missed opportunity more than 2017 .
India is still a favorite heading into the last test.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I am not sure about that anymore . I think our batting order is done . We need to start from scratch from WI tour in July .

Arachnodouche

International Captain
They had no business dropping even one Test against an Aus with two debutante spinners and a malfunctioning Steve Smith. It was India's opportunity, now lost, to inflict complete humiliation on the number 1 ranked Test team in the world.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They had no business dropping even one Test against an Aus with two debutante spinners and a malfunctioning Steve Smith. It was India's opportunity, now lost, to inflict complete humiliation on the number 1 ranked Test team in the world.
Nah, I agree with sunilz. This is worst batting top order we've fielded for a couple of decades. Australia should be filthy at themselves for their 2nd Test sh*tshow as this type of opportunity might not come around for another 20 years

Sunil1z

International Regular
Truth be told , there doesn’t exist a Team in Cricket’s history that can whitewash this Australian side in a 4/5 match Test series . There is too much quality in the side like Smith , Labu , Lyon , Cummins and inform Khwaja .

IIRC even pathetic India in 90s were whitewashed only once in 99 tour to AUS . One of Tendulkar/ Dravid or someone else will score a century and that resulted in Draw Test

subshakerz

International Coach
I am not sure about that anymore . I think our batting order is done . We need to start from scratch from WI tour in July .
They are favorites because Ashwin/Jadeja are still capable of nuking their entire lineup. So Australia have a smaller margin of error. Without a big first innings lead, they are toast.

So for me, India need to be operating at 70% to win the last test. Australia need to be at 90%.

subshakerz

International Coach
Truth be told , there doesn’t exist a Team in Cricket’s history that can whitewash this Australian side in a 4/5 match Test series . There is too much quality in the side like Smith , Labu , Lyon , Cummins and inform Khwaja .
Glad to see this commonsense. Don't know what has come into the posters on CW who were rubbishing this side after the first two tests.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Glad to see this commonsense. Don't know what has come into the posters on CW who were rubbishing this side after the first two tests.
England are still huge favourites for the Ashes imo . Unlike India, they have 4 batsmen capable of destroying Aus attack: Root, Brook, Bairstow and Stokes

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, I agree with sunilz. This is worst batting top order we've fielded for a couple of decades. Australia should be filthy at themselves for their 2nd Test sh*tshow as this type of opportunity might not come around for another 20 years
We almost lost a test against Bangladesh and yet people were convinced we'd sleepwalk to a 4-0 against Australia. It was never happening.