• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Shady Slim

International Coach
oh? so you're telling me on a really difficult pitch against finger spinners travis head opened the batting and was able to counterattack and throw the fingerspinners off their line and length and engine australia to a win? oh? that's such a novel concept, i wish i'd thought of it myself!

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
oh? so you're telling me on a really difficult pitch against finger spinners travis head opened the batting and was able to counterattack and throw the fingerspinners off their line and length and engine australia to a win? oh? that's such a novel concept, i wish i'd thought of it myself!
Bro they chased 76 calm down. Australia won this primary because of Khawajas innings and Lyons spell. Head's innings was a nice finish but it wasn't a difference maker.

Gob

International Coach
Bro they chased 76 calm down. Australia won this primary because of Khawajas innings and Lyons spell. Head's innings was a nice finish but it wasn't a difference maker.
Well you can say that now but given the monumental collapses and the way India were bowling for a while, I'm sure most of them must be ****ting bricks after Khawaja got out

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
You spent 2-3 years swearing black and blue Head wasn't international class at all and that literally anyone would do a better job. Pipe down champ.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
I think the calls for Head to open all the time are premature unless we plan to go BazBall. I think he'd still nick off in England and he's been superb counter-attacking down the order.
Completely disagree, he showed on possibly the most difficult home pitch on a decade that he has the game for the moving ball.

Sunil1z

International Regular
An interesting stats , I just came across:

At their peak between Pak Series 1999 to BG trophy Jan 2008 for Aus and Feb 2013 to March 2023 for India , both countries lost 3 Test at home .
2 against IND/AUS and 1 against ENG .

Spark

Global Moderator
Head should be opening instead of Warner if they are the two options currently
Who are the other options, realistically? Bancroft? TBF he's had a very good Shield season. Renshaw's probably played himself out of the side though, he looked abject in the first two games.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Easy to say that in hindsight.

India’s odds after the 3rd ball were into $3.00.

At 1/7 off of about 7 overs it was similar.

Heads innings was a match winning one.

the big bambino

International Captain
As holders of the BG maybe India went into dead rubber mode early but I have to say Australia did bowl well and they seemed to be thinking more clearly in the field. Batting collapses still a problem for us though.

Spark

Global Moderator
As holders of the BG maybe India went into dead rubber mode early but I have to say Australia did bowl well and they seemed to be thinking more clearly in the field. Batting collapses still a problem for us though.
I mean I don't think there's a lot we can do about the non-existent tail other than hope they improve somehow. It's not as if we can just pick an entirely different attack based on the batting, not least because none of the other options are much good with the bat either.

Sunil1z

International Regular
If that was the case , IND wouldn’t have been bowled out for 163 in 2nd innings. IND’s batting is finished.

Spark

Global Moderator
Easy to say that in hindsight.

India’s odds after the 3rd ball were into $3.00.

At 1/7 off of about 7 overs it was similar.

Heads innings was a match winning one.
Come on now they were chasing 76. Realistically once they got to about 1/30 the intensity went out of the game completely.