• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
Is Ashwin fit? Comms have a point that Ashwin not having had a go yet makes very little sense. Neither Siraj or Axar have looked especially likely.

R!TTER

State Regular
Yes & that's why the umpires should be held responsible for this - one way to achieve that is to grade umpires on how many decisions were overturned but also how many were howlers (but not/could not be referred) & how many the umpires (themselves) referred upstairs. It'll be complicated but we're already playing the most complicated sport ever! Grade them & demote them based on such metrics.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yes & that's why the umpires should be held responsible for this - one way to achieve that is to grade umpires on how many decisions were overturned but also how many were howlers (but not/could not be referred) & how many the umpires (themselves) referred upstairs. It'll be complicated but we're already playing the most complicated sport ever! Grade them & demote them based on such metrics.
Yeah I don't disagree with this. In general I think the quality of international umpiring needs to improve.

Spark

Global Moderator
Though the good news I guess is that the pitch still looks like it's doing plenty. Second ball in the over to really bite.

Will be interested to see how Carey approaches this. All out attack hasn't really worked for him so far.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Though the good news I guess is that the pitch still looks like it's doing plenty. Second ball in the over to really bite.

Will be interested to see how Carey approaches this. All out attack hasn't really worked for him so far.
Hopefully he decided to take a bat rather than a broom out to the middle this time.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Imagine been a Indian selector and picking Umesh on this pitch over Kuldeep and not been ashamed of yourself.
I'm pretty sure he's not looked upon favorably or as an equal in that dressing room and the establishment at large. Just a vibe, mind you, but he's always going to be in a battle to prove himself worthy of inclusion. Three poor tests on the trot like Axar? No chance.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Carey's been useless so far but this kinda situation is where I think his approach might come off. Australia are well ahead which will give him some confidence to Intent it up even more

Burgey

That was actually a really important little knock from Handscomb. Chipping away with that sort of partnership is something Aus hasn't done this series, they've lost a lot of wickets in bundles.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Carey's been useless so far but this kinda situation is where I think his approach might come off. Australia are well ahead which will give him some confidence to Intent it up even more
I don't mind if he plays super positively here in theory, I just don't like that his idea of batting super positively is to sweep or reverse sweep every ****ing ball. Use your feet or something ffs.

OverratedSanity

Imagine been a Indian selector and picking Umesh on this pitch over Kuldeep and not been ashamed of yourself.
Four spinners is probably overkill. Could've considered him over axar in this game tbh. And stack the batting by bringing in sarfaraz (fat chance, pun intended) for Umesh/Siraj