• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Niall

International Coach
If India go on to lose both tests and series ends 2-2, I am certain heads will roll and at least two of Rahul, Pujara and Kohli will have to make way!

So it's not a total lose lose situation for India. Need these oldies out asap.

Axar hasn't been convincing either this series which is another concern. I would drop him for Kuldeep next test or I would drop a pacer for Kuldeep because pacers are almost redundant on a bunsen like this. I am sure kuldeep will pick up wickets!

Depressingly Axar can justify his spot due to his batting alone!

I do agree though long term I just don't rate him. Kuldeep is excellent and even the "he can't bat" argument is bollocks because his batting has somewhat improved and look at the hacks in the top order ffs. :detective

Arachnodouche

International Captain
He's hardly been given an extended bowl. Having said that, he was making instant impact against Eng two years ago, but he was handed the new ball then. His skiddy style needs that extra zip.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rohit seems very match-up and analyst driven as a captain. And that is a huge drawback in tests. And it is showing.

We are gonna lose huh? :( Now we are just hoping for some first session voodoo to even limit the lead to 80. :(

Chrish

International Debutant
India very much is in this game.. If we can keep the lead around 100 in first inning, and give Australia to chase anything over 150, it will be difficult for them in 4th inning.

It’s 50:50 at this point..

Slifer

International Captain
India very much is in this game.. If we can keep the lead around 100 in first inning, and give Australia to chase anything over 150, it will be difficult for them in 4th inning.

Agreed. Obviously, lots depends on that first session tomorrow.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Nah it isn’t 50:50. Not that they’re out of it by any means, but they’re behind in the game as it stands right now. If you’d offered Aus being 50 odd in front with six in hand at the end of day one they’d have chewed your arm off to get to it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rohit seems very match-up and analyst driven as a captain. And that is a huge drawback in tests. And it is showing.

We are gonna lose huh? :( Now we are just hoping for some first session voodoo to even limit the lead to 80. :(
I suppose you can understand him tossing the ball to his two guns but I agree with you that he could have mixed things up a bit more yesterday afternoon. A bit hamstrung by the scoreboard, but it’s not like Siraj or Nostrils are going to go at six an over or whatever on that deck.

I wouldn’t say India is out of it by any means but yeah Aus had a really good first day.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most of them averages over 50 so maybe they are good for batting in domestic cricket
Or maybe they don't get these kinds of wickets very often.

Edit:...wait, that's what you were saying. I need to learn to read.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
when if’s and but’s become veggies and nuts only then do we end hunger

australia’s going to romp this
this...we are done as far as this test goes, will be lucky if we can push this to a 3rd day...most likely scenario is australia gets a 100+ runs lead, we do another of our patented collapses and then it's either an innings win or a short 4th innings chase for australia...

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
this...we are done as far as this test goes
Dude, what? If Australia's form is any indication the last six wickets could easily go down for stuff all and a high chance India bat better the second dig. India are definitely still in this game.