• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Sunil1z

International Regular
You know they can lose rest for 20 tomorrow morning and then India makes 260 and they crumble for 88 chasing 202 right
Your prediction was spot on in last Test . Hope your this prediction is also correct

Last edited:

Sunil1z

International Regular
Just goes to show , how far our Test batting has fallen . In 2008 we gave roads to Australia despite them having far superior batting line up than the current Aussie Team because we believed we can beat them on normal wickets . Ishant was MoS in 2008 . Ditto in 2010 .

Now we know our batting is garbage. So we are hoping to neutralise opposition batting line up too with the help of pitch .

Aus batting in 08

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Haddin

Except Smith ,I don’t think anyone from current Aussie line up will make this squad ?
Labu isn’t replacing Ponting because Ponting was Captain and he was averaging 59 till 08.
In case you are wondering why extreme spin friendly wickets for this series.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Outstanding day for Australia and if they can stretch the lead to 100+, its a long way back for India.

It's has to be said that it's another really sub standard pitch. 14 wkts in the day and seam bowling an irrelevance.

I've no skin in this game but it's good to see the home side struggle after producing yet another poor pitch.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Outstanding day for Australia and if they can stretch the lead to 100+, its a long way back for India.

It's has to be said that it's another really sub standard pitch. 14 wkts in the day and seam bowling an irrelevance.

I've no skin in this game but it's good to see the home side struggle after producing yet another poor pitch.
Home side will struggle on any kind of wicket tbh. We don’t have a top order at the moment.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Forget county cricket, Indian international cricketers should first play 3 or 4 matches in Ranji trophy. They are absolutely atrocious against any decent spin bowling.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India struggling once again on a turner actually makes me happy because all the numpties who cry going "oh this is so unfair it's impossible to win on these pitches it gives the home side/team batting first such a big advantage" look even stupider. Good on Australia for actually digging in with the bat and not going overboard with the intent, but getting clever singles here and there.

R!TTER

State Regular
Well I for once, don't

Green looked decent for a bit there. Long reach should help I guess
Kinda like Bangalore 2017 w/Mitch Marsh? India is still slightly ahead only because Oz will bat last here.
Home side will struggle on any kind of wicket tbh. We don’t have a top order at the moment.
Selections were also dodgy to say the least, what is Siraj doing on this pitch?

Raz0r6ack

U19 12th Man
Australia need 300 in this first innings to be "well ahead". They need to get to at least 250 minimum because India bat 9 deep.

Even if Australia is set 60 or 70 to win it could be a defendable total.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India can win this if the lead is under 100. 150 and it’ll be very very hard. One good partnership from Aus can put it away.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Excellent day of cricket, although on a very poor pitch.

Bur oh boy, this is the Australia that we recognize, with the spirit to fight back. Two tests too late but better late than never.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Indore has black soil, while you can also get red soil pitches (like from Maharashtra) it's not native to this region! That will also have an effect ultimately on how the pitch behaves.
Yeah and it hasn't worked well at all. Poor curating on view. 5 degrees of spin in the first session.is not acceptable especially with unpredictable bounce.