• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Pre match talk seems like the 3rd test deck may offer a bit more for the aussie quicks ala a traditional sena deck. Given that we don't seem to trust any of our spinners not named lyon/murphy, is it worth just playing two seamers+green+lyon+murphy. Don't know who tf we would even play given that cummins and haze aren't in india, starc apparently still isn't 100% and the only other quick we have is morris from memory.
I think it's pretty straight forward, play Starc Boland and Green in place of Cummins, Kuhnemann and Renshaw.

Shri

Mr. Glass
ah nice. red soil visible on the edge. the top layer that looks normal hopefully becomes redder as the match goes on and there's turn and bounce

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
ah nice. red soil visible on the edge. the top layer that looks normal hopefully becomes redder as the match goes on and there's turn and bounce
Reds usually become softer and slower as the match goes. Black soil provided bounce but also prone to break up and vicious turn and bounce.

I think this one will be a pancake for two days followed by usual turn and soft bounce. I foresee big 100s for S and L

Sunil1z

International Regular
Reds usually become softer and slower as the match goes. Black soil provided bounce but also prone to break up and vicious turn and bounce.

I think this one will be a pancake for two days followed by usual turn and soft bounce. I foresee big 100s for S and L
Like Chennai Test ?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin and Smith checking the pitch
More of these blokes need to take the Doug Walters approach to pitch inspections - walk out smoking a durrie, check it’s 22 yards long and is a bit dry/ bare/ green/ whatever, turn around, walk the **** off then when it’s your turn just ****ing bat

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More of these blokes need to take the Doug Walters approach to pitch inspections - walk out smoking a durrie, check it’s 22 yards long and is a bit dry/ bare/ green/ whatever, turn around, walk the **** off then when it’s your turn just ****ing bat
Have a beer or two then a nap in your pads and have someone wake you up when needed

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I wonder, percentage-wise, how much all the modern professionalism adds compared to just shoving down beers and waking up semi hung over? 5% 10%? Even 5% would be a huge difference at the top level, but maybe it takes something away mentally in terms of making it perhaps harder to relax or having more stress these days which is hard to measure.