• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Holy ****, that was some ****ing game! Bravo New Zealand! Kane was great but Root should have been the MotM here!
Yeah no arguments here, as fine an innings as Kane's was it was no VVS 281. Root was terrific to watch throughout, will be kicking himself for the dismissal. If they really wanted to give it to the home team, Blundell would have been a good shout. Apart from his batting efforts, his keeping was a huge factor in NZ ultimately defending that score, right down to the final dismissal.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Yeah no arguments here, as fine an innings as Kane's was it was no VVS 281. Root was terrific to watch throughout, will be kicking himself for the dismissal. If they really wanted to give it to the home team, Blundell would have been a good shout. Apart from his batting efforts, his keeping was a huge factor in NZ ultimately defending that score, right down to the final dismissal.
Yeah Root looked certain for a 100

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Follow on for sure imo. England bats again then they get a draw at worst, even if NZ bats out of their collective skins.
Stokes has made it very clear in the past that he has no interest in drawn test matches. I can't say I agree with the philosophy because surely a drawn test here and a series win is a far better result than a lost test and drawn series?

But having said that I honestly don't have overly strong feelings on it. I said at the start of this bazball that Eng are going to loose test matches that they never should but will also win plenty they've got no right to win. You can't argue with the results of the last few months and if it's all about providing entertainment to the punters then they're doing that in spades.

So im really not "that" dissapointed in loosing this one......congrats to NZ who hung in there and gave themselves a chance to be in with a shout at the end, which they grabbed.

Unbelievable test match and cricket is the winner here. How would it be in the changeroom now!! Ill bet both camps have come together and the party will go forever. Love to see it.