• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I had a feeling as soon as the first ball was not given a wide it would have major significance.

What a game, so good to see Wagner had one last burst left in the tank.Credit mostly to NZ’s batsmen otherwise for setting this up, the bowling and on-field captaincy was a mixed bag, but great job rescuing the summer nevertheless.

Flametree

International 12th Man
I still wish we would just get tailenders out by bowling normally rather than down legside to a 3-6 field, but whatever, filthy old ball bodyline is the most enduring success story of our glory days
Yeah, I wasn't watching till the last three overs when a colleague found his TAB stream, and I was somewhat surprised to see there wasn't a single slip in place for numbers 10 and 11....

Niall

International Coach
If I were Wagner I would go now... great memories to finish the career. Make room for some youth and he can hold his head high. Why bother play the next two matches or whatever he's going to play and limp out.
Its cruel . but if Boult is done and their is plenty of wear and tear regarding Henry and Southee, NZ need to start integrating some new quicks and Sri Lanka is as good as time as any.

To be fair this is a hell of way to go out.

thundaboult

International Debutant
bye england you'll have to wait another few years to get a test series win here :eat:

by then you'll have copied another kiwi approach to revitalize yourself so its all good

cricman

International 12th Man
Kane's innings now up there with Dravid and VVS?

Truth be told I didn't think the Cricinfo article declaring his innings as a "it's him" innings was appropriate. Thought he could gotten another 50-60 runs and taken his side to a position of strength.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Can someone hack Howe's streaming thing and replace todays gameplay with one from the English summer. He doesn't deserve this.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Hindsight is 20/20 but the praise that Stokes & the bowlers received for bowling the Kiwis out for 483 was always over the top

256 in the 4th innings in any conditions is a tough ask in test cricket and there’s about 150 years of data to back that up
Yeah but this side's been consistently making a mockery of those chases. You'd gladly accept one loss for every five wins chasing *if* the trend continues. Be silly to blame their new approach for this defeat.