• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Socerer 01

International Captain
I mean you're clearly just assuming that people aren't going to do that because the only oppositon India have done better than England against in recent years is really Australia. Which is presumably why you stopped there and just said 'theorem over' repeatedly like a broken robot in a doctor who episode.

vs Pakistan - England won home and away, so did Australia, India not prepared to play them
vs Sri Lanka - England won home and away, Australia won at home but drew away, India won at home and haven't played there
vs New Zealand - England won home and away, Australia cbf, India won at home but lost away
vs South Africa - England won home and away, Australia won at home and lost away, India won at home and lost away
vs West Indies - England won at home and lost away, Australia won at home and away, India haven't played them

You can use England's loss in the West Indies to beat them with if you like, or pretend like India would easily top their results in Pakistan or Sri Lanka, but it would be a lot more convincing if India had actually done that recently.

I don't even disagree with the general point that India's results are better than England's. They are. You've just made a pointless exaggeration for some strange reason while acting like you have proven something. That's a pretty weird thing to do, isn't it?
arguing with Subs tends to do that. he brings you down to his level and beats you with his experience

Sunil1z

International Regular
I mean you're clearly just assuming that people aren't going to do that because the only oppositon India have done better than England against vs other nations is really Australia. Which is presumably why you stopped there and just said 'theorem over' repeatedly like a broken robot in a doctor who episode.

vs Pakistan - England won home and away, so did Australia, India not prepared to play them
vs Sri Lanka - England won home and away, Australia won at home but drew away, India won at home and haven't played there
vs New Zealand - England won home and away, Australia cbf, India won at home but lost away
vs South Africa - England won home and away, Australia won at home and lost away, India won at home and lost away
vs West Indies - England won at home and lost away, Australia won at home and away, India haven't played them

You can use England's loss in the West Indies to beat them with if you like, or pretend like India would easily top their results in Pakistan or Sri Lanka, but it would be a lot more convincing if India had actually done that recently.

I don't even disagree with the general point that India's results are better than England's. They are. You've just made a pointless exaggeration for some strange reason while acting like you have proven something. That's a pretty weird thing to do, isn't it?
India didn’t play in SL ?We demolished them in 2017 . We also demolished WI away in 2018 . We also beat BAN 2-0 away a side which you couldn’t beat last time . We also beat you at home and drew away .

What is this selective memory freeze you are having ?
India have twice topped WTC points table and your side couldn’t even qualify for any of the WTC finals .

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean you're clearly just assuming that people aren't going to do that because the only oppositon India have done better than England against vs other nations is really Australia. Which is presumably why you stopped there and just said 'theorem over' repeatedly like a broken robot in a doctor who episode.

I am just answering weirdness with weirdness. Subz is doing weird predictions and illogical reasoning to prove Australia's and England's results are better than India's. I think we both have a common understanding that India's current results are better than England's but the current England team have high potential to overtake India in their current form.

On the other countries, yes I assumed people won't do that. :) But in your above analysis, Pakistan cannot be considered since India doesn't play there any more. India have recently always won against Srilanka, West Indies and Bangladesh be it in India or away while England and Australia have found them hard to put away. It is the reverse for India with India struggling to win in SA/NZ while England/Australia win them.

So, it is not as if one team is clearly superior to others in terms of results against other countries.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This is just analysis by checklist for teams instead of players
So what do you want to analyze? Players or teams? If it is number of great players in the team, then it is Australia followed by India followed by England since Brook, Duckett etc who are performing in the Bazball era are all relatively new.

subshakerz

International Coach
dude you still haven’t addressed any of the issues people have brought up with your claims other than saying “muh Stokes England” and ‘nationalism’. maybe start there before asking others to take responsibility
I never blame some problem in my argument on responding to somebody else. That's just weak.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a much more respectable position than claiming India is the best. Why did you wait until now to state it.
It was not asked till now. What I am saying is, while none of the teams are clearly superior in results against other countries, India still leads on their head-to-head in recent results which either England or Australia need to break to displace them as the top side.

subshakerz

International Coach
It was not asked till now. What I am saying is, while none of the teams are clearly superior in results against other countries, India still leads on their head-to-head in recent results which either England or Australia need to break to displace them as the top side.
Fine but wouldn't you agree that using head to head is not the most reliable measure for best current team given that Stokes vs India is a lot different than Root vs India.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India and England clearly above the rest right now.

India have the better bowling. England have the better batting. It's gonna be close if they go head to head.

subshakerz

International Coach

India have the better bowling. England have the better batting. It's gonna be close if they go head to head.
England seem to have a killer instinct and fearlessness that India lack tho which is why I find them so impressive.

By right, the no.1 position shouldn't have been a debate, India should have won in SA and closed their series against England last year and be considered one of the greatest teams ever.

subshakerz

International Coach

And no, it's not clear that Australia is so behind them at all. It's weird seeing how sharply the mood swings here on CW. A few weeks ago they were considered the hot favorites for the Ashes and now they are not. Why? They are a strong side, it's just that they are faced with an impossible tasks atm to win in India.

If they pick a victory in one of these last tests to salvage some dignity, win the WTC and then win in the Ashes, suddenly their case seems clearer.